Complaint Review: LHR

• Submitted: Tue, October 02, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, October 02, 2007

• Reported By:Gibson North Carolina
LHR
56 Main St. Hamburg, New York U.S.A.

LHR won't quit calling me at work Hamburg New York

*Consumer Suggestion: Send a certified, return receipt requested letter to demand validation.

I have been getting calls on my cell and at my work number from a "Sarah Baker" who says she has a file that must be taken care of . I asked what it was referring to and she mentioned an Integon insurance bill (?) and "more". I haven't ever had Integon insurance but I mistakenly confirmed my address before I thought. I asked to see something in writing and she was very rude so I hung up. Now she is calling me at work, though I've asked her to stop and I just hang up.

Tarheelgirl
Gibson, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2007 06:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LHR/Hamburg-New-York/LHR-wont-quit-calling-me-at-work-Hamburg-New-York-276682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LHR

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Send a certified, return receipt requested letter to demand validation.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Things to do:

FIRST - Read the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act at http://ftc.gov/os/statutes/fdcpa/fdcpact.htm.

SECOND - send a certified letter, return receipt requested, to the DEBT COLLECTOR to dispute the debt and request written validation of the debt or any copy of a judgment, or the name and address of the original creditor, and a copy of such validation or judgment, or name and address of the original creditor. Also, include a statement stating that you do not wish to be contacted again until you receive all the written debt validation information you have requested. You may also request that they explain the following:

What the money they say you owe is for;
Explain and show you how they calculated what they say you owe;
Provide you with copies of any papers that show you agreed to pay what they say you owe;
Provide a verification or copy of any judgment if applicable;
Identify the original creditor;
Prove the Statute of Limitations has not expired on this account;
Show you that they are licensed to collect in your state;
Provide you with their license numbers and/or license numbers of their Registered Agent(s).

THIRD - Once you received the written validation information requested, contact the CREDITOR (who owns the debt) via certified mail to resolve the matter.

It is important that communication between you and this debt collector be in WRITING! So, I wouldn't not talk to them, EXCEPT to obtain an address for sending a certified, return receipt requested letter to dispute and demand validation of this alleged debt.

Good Luck.