Complaint Review: LIBERTY DOLLAR

• Updated: Sun, January 06, 2013

• Reported By: CASANDRA SMOOT — MANN West Virginia United States of America
LIBERTY DOLLAR
2395 PRINCE ST CONWAY, Arkansas United States of America

LIBERTY DOLLAR LIBERTY OPPORTUNITY Made promises to help me find great merchandise for a Dollar Stores but just sent me catalogs that I could have gotten off the internet myself without buying a Dollar Store. They promised to teach me CONWAY, Arkansas

*Consumer Comment: Re

*Consumer Comment: Liberty Opportunities

*Consumer Comment: Re: Jo Ann

*Consumer Comment: Re: Jo Ann

*Consumer Comment: These are false claims against Liberty Opportunities

*Consumer Comment: LIBERTY DOLLAR LIBERTY OPPORTUNITY

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: FAKE REPORT

They made promises to find great dollar store merchandise for my store but just had wholesale companies send me catalogs for me to guess what the best buys would be. They promised a buying trip that turned out just going to their company office and dumped catalogs in front of me to start picking out the best deals. Most of this turned out to be worthless. They even said they would meet me in Chicago once a year at a Dollar Trade show to meet sellers. Good for a one week buy but no help to me for rest of the year. I found out that the way they help me find a location was through a Real Estate company that they seemed to control and make a commission from. Some conflict of interest there don't you think? I got away from them ASAP and found a much better Developer that I prefer not to be named. I am not here to help another company but just warn you of their tricks.

Casandra

Mann WV

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2010 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LIBERTY-DOLLAR/CONWAY-Arkansas-72034/LIBERTY-DOLLAR-LIBERTY-OPPORTUNITY-Made-promises-to-help-me-find-great-merchandise-for-a-D-673019. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LIBERTY DOLLAR

Re

AUTHOR: james2481 - (United States of America)

First off Jo Ann/Paul here is a link, read it and expand your knowledge of "slander".

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/slander  You have already contradicted yourself by claiming I didnt know the person and listed the wrong name but yet you turn right around state you worked with Paul.   As stated before I could care less if you believe me or know, in the end, anyone can go to their site and judge for themselves.  Once again you seem not to understand, you can make assertions because the only thing you continue to do is try and justify the con.  As I have stated several times anyone can go to their website and deal with them and they will immediately see I am being truthful.  As far your testimonal, provide proof not just empty words.

Liberty Opportunities

AUTHOR: Jo Ann - (United States of America)

James, slander is when you are making false and damaging statements about someone.
I did not personally attack you, I simply said these claims you are making sound like
a load of crap.  I am someone who has used Liberty Opportunities and had NOT ONE problem.
So knowing how this family owned company handled me,
I find it hard NOT to believe the problem is YOU not them.

It has been over 4 years since Ive gone and read the contract so I did again today
and it reads that your deposit is refundable to you for 3 days after signing.
It sounds to me you signed and allowed them to work on your case and after they put how
every many hours in you wanted out.  I dont believe any of these claims you are making.
I have met many, many people at Chicago vendor shows and Vegas vendor shows that are
Liberty clients and I have NEVER gotten back negative feedback.

I am giving my opinion about this because they dont deserve this kind of report.

Any one that is thinking about opening a business using Liberty Opportunities please
feel free to get my number from Paul.
bless, Jo Ann La.

Re: Jo Ann

AUTHOR: james2481 - (United States of America)

First Jo Ann I think you need to learn the meaning of Slander.  If I did comment Libel, Paul has my name and address feel free to tell him to contact me so I can foward his compliant to my attorney. Address your basic comment, if "LO" if I needed a "business plan" written on kids colorful cardboard, I could have found one a lot cheaper than $3000.  If that is what they are selling then they should clearly list this on their contact and website and believe me I would  not wasted two seconds thinking about it.  Instead their assertion is they help "START TURNKEY DOLLAR STORES".  If you want to deny this, go to their website and read for yourself.  Front page of their site claims they have finanical assitance, LIES, you will be asked to take your  $3,000 business plan and see if you can convince a banker to approve it.  Good luck.   BBB, anyone who has any dealings with them know how much of a joke they are and how they are powerless to do anything, research their site for yourself, and please share your findings here if you do not believe me.

As for Jo Ann, I find it fairly interesting you log on here and throw attempt to attack me personally when you do not know the back story or have a dog in the fight.  As for the non-refundable deposit, which states you have three days, the funny part is they drag the business plan out so you will not have a chance to get it back anyway.  I would love for one person reading this to say a business plan that projects a $12,000 a year salary is worth $3000 or better yet, if thinks their business plan is so vauable I'll be happy to give you a 50% discount and ship it to you at my expense, althought I'm sure I will not have any suitors.

In closing, I could careless if you believe me or not, as my goal is to warn others looking to start their own business to proceed with caution and read the small print and make sure you take their plan to your lawyer before you send them your "None Refundable Deposit"(which seems to be an oxymoron but i'm not a lawyer).  Once again do not believe me and unlike Jo Ann, i'm not giving opinions, go to their website, read, and ask for a copy of the contract and decide for yourself.  And as the other person wrote call some of their competitors and see what they are offering, you may be suprised at what you will find and how helpful some are but as always do your research and dont do as I did and fall for their fast talk.

Re: Jo Ann

These are false claims against Liberty Opportunities

AUTHOR: Jo Ann - (United States of America)

Oh my goodness, my name is Jo Ann I contacted Liberty Opportunities back in 2008.
They assisted in opening my Dollar store.  Everything they said in their contract they did plus more.  On top of that they continue to keep me informed of new vendors they find and are there if I have any questions about pretty much anything.

L.O. did the bulk of my initial buying order.  I did drive to Conway, Arkansas to choose my over a dollar items.  My experience was nothing like this person is saying.   I have been to Chicago 3 times in the last 4 years and each time Liberty has been there to make sure I have been taken care of.

It is not Libertys job to run my business, but at the same time I have called them many times and they have always been
there to answer my questions or even give assistance.  Anyone who reads this and wants to talk with me please contact Liberty Opportunities, I have given them permission to give you my number to answer any questions you have.
Thank you for your time, Jo Ann, La.

Im sorry but I have to say this Casandra person is so full of it.  You are going to come on here and slander L.O. but not promote this other better developer you found.  I dont believe you were ever
a real client.

@ James2481, you need to first learn the names of whom you are doing business with.
You should be ashamed of yourself.
I bet you are one of those people that paid a deposit and after they did a bunch of work you wanted your NON REFUNDABLE deposit back.  Im I right??
Whatever dude, anyone that has questions about Liberty please call them and they will give you my phone #.  I
will share with you my experience over the last four years.  Again thank you, Jo Ann.

LIBERTY DOLLAR LIBERTY OPPORTUNITY

AUTHOR: james2481 - (United States of America)

Paul and little Paul are both crooks(obviously the apple doesnt fall far from the tree), buyer beware.  Its fairly easy to get a BBB rating which ultimately means nothing but they got sleezy lawyer to draw up contacts the barely adhere to the law and as long send you some worthless BS or provide pseudo advice they can continue ripping people off with little recourse and maintain their rating.  I dont know whether the last person or persons were "Fake" or not but I can attest to losing money to these losers who did not do a single thing they promised.

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

FAKE REPORT

AUTHOR: Paul - (United States of America)

A negative report on our company has just been brought to my attention by a client of ours.  In review of the content, the comments are in close relation to a False "Comparison Sheet" that one of our competitors posts against our company which leads me to assume where this report is fabricated from.  Furthermore, a complaint of this nature shouldn't permit the individual to disguise their identity.  I would encourage this person to make themselves known and allow us to rectify any dissappointment they may have with Liberty Opportunities.  Our 33 Years of A+ Business Accredidation shows our commitment to satisfying customers.  My identity is Paul A. Kostecky,  President of Liberty Opportunities.  Please call me at 1-800-443-8407 ext. 102, or on my cell 1-501-328-3712, or via email paul@libertyoi.com.  I am anxious to not only hear from you, but also work diligently to add you to our over 1000 other satisfied customers.