Complaint Review: LIBERTY MUTUAL INSURANCE

• Reported By: Paul — Phoenix Arizona
LIBERTY MUTUAL INSURANCE
Nationwide USA

LIBERTY MUTUAL INSURANCE TAKES YOUR MONEY DENIES YOUR CLAIM FLORIDA Nationwide

i have had Liberty Mutual for over 8 years on both my home and my auto)s).  They have been very polite over these years, taking my money and raising my rates annually, depsite the facdt that I have never, ever made a claim.  But because no fault of my own, I put in my first claim, ever in my life.  The claim was due to :hail damage" to my HVAC units located on the top of my roof.  I first called my HVAC service provider to look at my units and a*s damage.  They told me that both units were highly damaged and needed to be replaced.

I immediately notified Liberty Mutual Insurance to put in a claim, as per advice from HVAC technician. During the 10 days that I waited for Liberty Mutual to even acknowledge my claim (let alone existance), I receive a second and third opinion, who all agreed that the units were trashed and needed to be replaced.Two weeks after the intial claim was made, I called Liberty Mutual to check on status, since they never contacted me.

I was then told that the matter was assigned to a "claims specialist", whom would immediately contact me.Severla days later, not receiveing contact, I called them again, and was given the number of the claims specialsit.  I then called her, and told her that I had bids from HVAC (three) and that I would send them to her.Several days past, and not hearing from her, I called her.  She then told me that she would need to schedule her technician to observe theh damafge.  I agreed.

Their techinican came two days later, and upon his examination, he told me and the claims specialsit that it was true taht I did need total replacements of units in that the old ones were in dis-repair.  One week passed, and never being called by Liberty Mutual, I once again called them.

I was told that the claims speicallist was replaced and that my new claims speicalist would contact me.  Being impatient, I tracked him down and called him.  Low and behold, despite me being in Arizona he was located in Florida.  During this call, I was told that the units did not need to be replaced but only repaired.

I read him the reports of all experts, that stated theat they could not be repaired, he said TOUGH LUCK, "take us to court"..  TO THIS ADVICE I WILL COMPLY.

For those that wish to follow out come look to Maricopa County Superior Courts for the Case Paul T Demos v Liberty Mutual Insurance.  I know that they have ripped off others in the same matter, so I will be including all those under a class action proceeeding.

PEOPLE REALLY,  LET THESE 1%ERS COMPANIES THAT WE ARE FED UP AND WILL NOT TAKE THIS ANYMORE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2014 01:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LIBERTY-MUTUAL-INSURANCE/nationwide/LIBERTY-MUTUAL-INSURANCE-TAKES-YOUR-MONEY-DENIES-YOUR-CLAIM-FLORIDA-Nationwide-1141432. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LIBERTY MUTUAL INSURANCE