• Submitted: Sat, June 23, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, June 23, 2007

• Reported By:LAGUNA BEACH California
570 Kanata Aveneu Ottawa, Ontario Canada

LIBERTY TRUST FINANCIAL CORPORATION North America Prize pool held on 4/2/07...I won the LOTTERY in the 2nd category. I have been approved for a lump sum payout of $125,000. I'm among twenty international winner in this category. CONGRATS!! Ripoff Ottawa Ontario Canada

I received a letter last night June 22, 2007, Subject: AWARD CLAIM FINAL NOTICIATION, stating I had won the lottery in the 2nd category in the amount of $125,000.00 Enclosed, not A Cashier's Check, but a regular check, in the $3,850.00 payable through CHARTER ONE, ORLAND HILLS, IL. The Companys name on the check: MLFJ, 15834 La Grange Rd, Orlando Park, IL 60462. The letter stated, they were able to secure some funds through their financial sponsors to cover service charges for Taxes (Non Resident 2%) and Administrative Cost, saving me the trouble of trying to raise the necessary amount required. The letter stated the enclosed check is not valid until I call their office!!!!! and ask for Sandra or Mike (403) 400-1584, which I did this morning 6/23/07. I talked to Mike, he stated the check has been activated and after depositing the check, I need to call back for further instructions. I suggested he call me as he would know when the check cleared.....I know a scam when I see one.

Also, the letter stated after this check clears, the balance of the moneys will be remitted to me by Bank Draft Payment or remittance will be made ro my account within 48 hours, the deadline of the official time line legally required for settlements. Now my letter fom Liberty Trust states in the text deadline 6/4/07, although my letter is dated 6/11/07 and I received the letter 6/22/07.....something is wrong.

The best part of the letter is a paragraph stating "Congratulation!!! Your fund is now deposited with a security company and insured in your name. Due to the mix up of some number and names, we ask that you keep your winning information confidential until your claim has been processed and your check remitted to you. This is part of our security protocal to avoid double claiming or unwarranted taking advantage of this program by participants.." Letter signed by: Chris Anderson (Promotion Manager)

LAGUNA BEACH, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2007 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LIBERTY-TRUST-FINANCIAL-CORPORATION/Ottawa-Ontario/LIBERTY-TRUST-FINANCIAL-CORPORATION-North-America-Prize-pool-held-on-4207I-won-the-LO-256411. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LIBERTY TRUST FINANCIAL CORPORATION