• Submitted: Mon, August 23, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, August 23, 2004

• Reported By:WAGONER Oklahoma

LIBERTY WIRELESS & INPHONIC wheresmyorder.com defective phone non-local phone number assigned can't call from my landline bought phone because my 2 daughters died last year my grans can't call tolls LARGO Maryland

I purchased a phone from Inphonic Inc. and Liberty Wireless. I received it a week later.

The phone is damaged and the battery will not hold a charge. The phone number assigned to the phone by Liberty Wireless is the right aera code, but the exchange is a long distance exchange from my home town.

I have spoken with Liberty Wirelsee several times in the four days since the phone arrived and I have been informed that the phone number is local because it is in the same aera code.

My two daughters (grown) passed away this past year in seperate circumstances and I bought the phone so that my four grans could get intouch with me whenever they needed to, but because it is a toll call from our home town, they can't.

I purchased the phone in good faith, and I am now being told that if I want to have a different (local) phone number it will cost me $25.00 more, also if I return the phone I will be peanalised $25.00 from my refund.

These problems are in no way my fault and I feel that a
charge of $25.00 is a ripoff, also if I return the phone for one that is not damaged, I will not be credited for any of the airtime that I havn't as yet been able to use.

WAGONER, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2004 03:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LIBERTY-WIRELESS-INPHONIC/LARGO-Maryland-20774-5307/LIBERTY-WIRELESS-INPHONIC-wheresmyordercom-defective-phone-non-local-phone-number-assig-105021. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LIBERTY WIRELESS & INPHONIC