Complaint Review: LINGO INC (phone Service), Primus

• Submitted: Fri, September 19, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, September 19, 2008

• Reported By:Lancaster Pennsylvania
LINGO INC (phone Service), Primus
7901 Jones Branch Drive McLean, Virginia U.S.A.

LINGO INC (phone Service) Primus Took so long to get here I refused it- 9/17/07- they are still taking my money every month McLean Virginia

It's my one year anniversary-
My children and I had just moved to a new town. We had to have a phone right away to list on school emergency forms, to have utilities turned on... the kids spend some time home alone when I'm working and I need to be able to reach them or for them to reach me.

I waited and waited for the router/modem (whatever). I walked to a pay phone and called them a number of times and they kept saying it was shipped. A week and a half later I still did not have the product so I called the local phone company to come out and give me service. They turned it on that afternoon.

2 and 1/2 MONTHS later, the product comes. Now, it had gone to my old address (from the debit card info) with another shipping label on top of that to my new address. Not sure even that should have taken 10 weeks. I marked the package "refused" and sent it back, I never opened it up or used it since I had already chosen another provider.

Then Lingo charged my debit card $51.35 on 9/19/07. And then $11.37. I called every month. First they said allow more time for them to receive it. Then they said they never received it and it may come back to me if mis-routed...? Then they just didn't receive it and couldn't give me credit or stop the charges until they did. I said I can't return something I no longer have. They said they would look into it and return my call. Never did. In March, I finally started leaving messages for their fraud investigator, thinking maybe someone had swiped the package from the mail and was using it. My charge went up to $15.85. The next time I called they could no longer find the account with my name. They were asking for a phone number as an account number. I said I don't have one- I never set up the account....

They owe me over $180.00 dollars now, the way I see it.
For something I never used.
Does any on have any tips?

Over a barrel
Lancaster, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2008 07:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LINGO-INC-phone-Service-Primus/McLean-Virginia/LINGO-INC-phone-Service-Primus-Took-so-long-to-get-here-I-refused-it-91707-they-are-374525. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LINGO INC (phone Service), Primus