Deegan

• Reported By: Linda — GROVER BEACH California USA
LIQUIDATION .COM
1920 L. STREET, NW6TH FLOOR WASHINGTON, Washington DC United States of America

LIQUIDATION .COM MISLEADING AD AND THEY WILL NOT REFUND MY MONEY WASHINGTON, DC

I bid on what I thought was a group of Shopping Spree Cards, after reading their terms and conditions.  I won the bid.  As it turned out the terms an conditions were misleading.  I called the Shopping Spree Card Company and the gentleman told me the ad was incorrect.  The ad implied with the card (valued at $1000) you could get merchandise free and only pay S&H.  With a minimum of $14.95 S&H.  The gentleman told me that it was not $14.95, but $16.95.  I went to the Shopping Spree Card site and put in "demo1" to enter the site.  Upon searching the inventory I found a large world globe under the catagory of HOUSEHOLD.  I tried to figure out what my cost would be, but it was not clear to me.  So I googled the name of the Globe and found several exactly the same.  The price and S&H was cheaper at the other sites than just the shipping at Shopping Spree Card.com.
EXAMPLE:  Shopping Spree.Com  says:  S&H is $282.58  that would be my cost.
www.antarespro.com  says:  purchase price is:  $115.99 + S&H of $26.50 for a total cost to me of $142.49.      ShoppingSpree.Com  $282.58
                                www.antarespro.com $142.49          what is wrong with this picture??
I called Liquidation.Com and emailed everything I found out an they said they would not do anything about it and would not give my my money back.  My bid cost me $164.83.  After informing Liquidation.Com of my findings, they said a lot of people buy those Gift cards and they will continue to market them.  They did change the ad on their site since my dispute.  But that does not help me.
Don't use the "Shopping Spree Card" if someone give you one.  I am going to destroy all 1000 of mine.  Or I could give them to people that I don't like very much.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2009 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LIQUIDATION-COM/WASHINGTON-Washington-DC-20036/LIQUIDATION-COM-MISLEADING-AD-AND-THEY-WILL-NOT-REFUND-MY-MONEY-WASHINGTON-DC-531738. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LIQUIDATION .COM