Complaint Review: LIQUIDATION.COM - LIQUIDITY SVCS

• Submitted: Wed, January 17, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, January 17, 2007

• Reported By:LITTLETON Colorado
LIQUIDATION.COM - LIQUIDITY SVCS
1920 L. Street NW, 6th Floor, WASHINGTON, District of Columbia U.S.A.

Liquidation.com - LIQUIDITY SERVICES Ripoff The only thing they liquify are your assests Scam is too good of a word WASHINGTON District of Columbia

I was trying to sell excess inventory from my business and I netted $46.00 from the sale of 150 designer watches. Why? Because I was charged a phantom 'abort fee' of $200 by this company.

John Story helped me list my stuff - two kinds of watches, two kinds of ginsu cutlery, disposable cameras and sunglasses with displays. He told me that I had to list the watches separately and combine all the other merchandise into one auction. Three auctions altogether. The watches sold - not for as much as I wanted but they sold. Liquidity Services takes $200 or 15%, whichever is greater. When the smoke cleared I made $246.00 from the watches. The 3rd auction was, as John described, 'a nightmare' - it brought only $175 for all that stuff. Probably because of the way it was listed - their way.

I was given the choice - keep the merchandise and try to sell it elsewhere or let Liuidity Services (Liquidation.com) keep the $175. What would you do? What I wasn't told was that I was going to be charged the 'abort fee' of $200 - no mention of it whatsoever. As John Story explained, the abort fee was for not going through with the 3rd auction and letting them keep the $175.

They present themselves as a company interested in helping people make a profit. The only profit made is on their end. These people misrepresented themselves, hid charges and now are where they belong - on the ripoff report.

Thom
LITTLETON, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2007 09:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LIQUIDATIONCOM-LIQUIDITY-SVCS/WASHINGTON-District-of-Columbia-20036/Liquidationcom-LIQUIDITY-SERVICES-Ripoff-The-only-thing-they-liquify-are-your-assests-S-231009. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LIQUIDATION.COM - LIQUIDITY SVCS