Complaint Review: LIberty Sweepstakes

• Updated: Tue, September 26, 2006

• Reported By:Richardson Texas
LIberty Sweepstakes
320 Peel Avenue Suite 712 Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Liberty Sweepstakes, Congratulations you have won $90,000 Please phone Correspont Agent Paul Mitchell EdmontonEdmonton, AlbertaEdmonton Alberta

*Consumer Comment: I received one today!

*Consumer Comment: SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM......

I recieved two letters in the mail indicating that I had won $ 90,000.00. The first letter I trash. Than I recieved a check in the amount of$2950.00 Dollars. stating that this was for my clearance fee adn was advised to contact Paul Mitchell Correspondent Agent @ 14168201493. I phone the number a gentleman answered and I asked for Mr. Mitchell. I explained that I was reluctant about the check I recieved in the mail today for $ 2950.00 The gentleman informed me that I indeed had won $ 90+,000.00. He told me that I should have recieved my first notification a few weeks ago. He than went on to say that the check that I recieved today was to help me to pay for the clearance and that I should cash the check, and money gram to Deborah Barideaux 910 33rd Street Van Couver British Columbia, Canada $ 2700.00. Call him back when I had done this and I would recieve a check in the amount of $ 90,000.00 VIA UPS in 48 Hrs.

Being reluctant < i drove to Capital one Bank she located information for the Bank that was located on top of the check TCF, called that number and they stated that this check was good. than she provided me with the # 800.823.2265 which is the number for the bank on top of the check TCF National Bank. as I still was in disbelief. I called TCF and was told that I needed to contact Integrated Payment System for validity and to call 800.223.7520 as they could not give me any information even though the check was wrote out to me. That office was closed. I pulled the number off the web for CITI bank as this bank name was also on the check 800.374.9700, spoke with JUstin he stated that he felt this was a scam as he had recieved calls before and that IF I was to cash this check I could be liable and that I should contact the local authority since my name was on the check. If anyone recieves a check made out to them , please do not assume that it is good. DO research first.

If you recieve a check that looks to good to be true I suggest you contact the bank that the check is drwan on and your local authority.

I am not a sucker
Richardson, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2006 04:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LIberty-Sweepstakes/Edmonton-Alberta/Liberty-Sweepstakes-Congratulations-you-have-won-90000-Please-phone-Correspont-Agent-Pa-210234. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LIberty Sweepstakes

I received one today!

AUTHOR: Rick - (U.S.A.)

I received a letter stating that I had won $93,000.00 from the Liberty Sweepstakes. The address they are now using is P.O. Box 92110 New York, NY 10021 Telephone # 1-347-633-8195 In calling these scam artist, I acted happy and excited about winning the money, and told them that I was sitting in the FBI's office in Tyler, Texas. These con-artist hung up on me three times. The man answering the telephone had a middle-eastern accent, yet his name was Mike Anderson. This is a scam operation that was shut down in Conneticut, then moved over to New York in order to continue this phony sweepstakes. Thanks to the ROR for exposing these scam artist!

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM......

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

If you had sent the $2,700 you would have been out not only that money, but also the $2.950 for the check that was sure to bounce.

This is a very old scam... NEVER NEVER NEVER send money by money gram, western union or any think like it, to someone you dont know.

Also, think about it.. did you enter a lottery or sweepstake?? If you didn't enter, you didn't win..

its a scam, plain and simple..
Glad you didnt fall for it.