Complaint Review: LMFS Enterprises

• Updated: Thu, February 06, 2014

• Reported By: Electrician_rip_off_LasCruces — Las Cruces New Mexico
LMFS Enterprises
809 Quesenberry Street Las Cruces, New Mexico USA

LMFS Enterprises Holgiuns Electric Enter an agreement and leave you high and dry at 85% payment. Las Cruces New Mexico

BEWARE with these type of contracts in New Mexico.

As an owner builder, I entered an agreement to have work done by Holgiuns Electric for a total of $15,800 for my electrical. I was to pay 85% at rough in and the second payment is 15% and the rest at the final.  There was an error in the location of the rough in for my low voltage boxes.  After I came from work, the item was placed in the incorrect. I informed them about the error and the correction needed to be made. They did not correct it. As I worked on other aspects of the project. I contacted then agian to correct it and move a 220v cable.

As this point, they did the correction and sent me a bill for 7 hours of labor at 75/hr. I questioned the bill and they quit. I went to court for the bill and a temp pole that they left in the property.

According to the judge, Mr. Cano, it does not matter what happened and the situation. From my point of view, I entered a contract for completion of the work and paid my initial portion even through it was steep and second payment was to be at completion of work.  From, the Judge's point of view, me paying the 85%, I agreed to everything and therefore I had no recourse. Moral of the story is a rough is only 40% of the work. I paid out of pocket $4357 in building materials to complete the hardware, $100  a new permit, a 4 month delay and 2200 electrician.

I only owed $2600 of the original contract. I did not matter to the judge about my evidence, receipts to complete the job, witnesses, my counter claim to complete the job. Be careful in NM, if you pay, then you have agreed to be satisfied, even with the errors or items that may have been missed.

Beware, I am not the first turkey that they have fried.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2014 09:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LMFS-Enterprises/Las-Cruces-New-Mexico-88005/LMFS-Enterprises-Holgiuns-Electric-Enter-an-agreement-and-leave-you-high-and-dry-at-85-p-1121408. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LMFS Enterprises