Complaint Review: LO JACK Corporation

• Submitted: Wed, September 05, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, September 07, 2012

• Reported By: Mark — Carlsbad California United States of America
LO JACK Corporation
200 Lowder Brook Dr., Ste. 1000 Westwoood, Massachusetts United States of America

LO JACK Corporation DON'T EVER BUY A PIECE OF SH*T LO JACK! I BOUGHT ONE FOR MY 2012 F150 IN JULY. I WENT ON A BUSINESS TRIP TO ALBUQUERQUE. WHILE I WAS IN MY HOTEL ROOM, OVERNIGHT SOMEONE STOLE MY TRUCK. Westwoood, Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Alleged vs Documented

*Author of original report: It doesn't really matter now

*Consumer Comment: Read your documentation again

DON'T EVER BUY A PIECE OF SH*T LO JACK!
I bought on for my 2012 F150 in July of 2012.  I went on a business trip to Albuquerque and while I was in my hotel overnight, someone stole my truck. I called the Police and they told me that Lo Jack doesn't work in New Mexico.

I have sent numerous certified letters to their corporate office and they have all been refused.

I paid $850.00 for the unit and it doesn't work in all states, which they represented they did.  F*king liars!

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AND THEIR SH*TTY PRODUCTS.

I have a GPS tracker now- one of the ones the FBI and DHS uses.  I was out at the golf course one day and I called my wife to go to the garage and stay there and hang up.  I started the car and unlocked the doors from the 7th Tee box!

GETTING ONE FOR MY DAUGHTER'S MUSTANG NEXT MONTH!

AN EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED FORMER CUSTOMER, Mark, Carlsbad, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2012 08:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LO-JACK-Corporation/Westwoood-Massachusetts-02090/LO-JACK-Corporation-DONT-EVER-BUY-A-PIECE-OF-SHT-LO-JACK-I-BOUGHT-ONE-FOR-MY-2012-F150-937339. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LO JACK Corporation

Alleged vs Documented

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

One of the FAQs on the LoJack web site reads, "What happens when I sell my vehicle? Can I transfer my LoJack to my new vehicle?" The answer provided is "Your LoJack Stolen Vehicle Recovery System is not transferable from one vehicle to another as the serial number on your LoJack Unit is registered to the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of your vehicle."

An attorney will ask you the same unanswered question that I did... Do you have proof of the alleged misrepresentation?

It doesn't really matter now

AUTHOR: ExDishEmployee - (United States of America)

Your product doesn't work, and there are far better technologies out there that do much more than your 1920's technology offers.  I have had my GPS tracking product now for a month and I have only had one instance of an attempt.  They put a slim jim down the door to unlock it, I had a text message that said DOOR ENTRY looked outside and they had just opened the door, I disabled the starter and called the cops.  They were caught less than 5 minutes later.

No, my device is great with a lifetime no questions asked replacement policy and I can even move it to my new vehicle when I trade it in in January at no cost, Lo jack I found out later that you cannot do that - its permanently attached to my VIN.

I will never buy, nor recommend any one to buy a Lo Jack and any dealer that sells the worthless product (scientifically proven by Consumer Reports and some other reputable documentaries I've seen on TV). I will not patron.

By the way, I talked to my local Carlsbad PD about their success with Lo Jack, and they told me that in the recoveries they have been involved with, in most cases they find the lo jack out of the car and the car gone or completely dismantled, recovery percentile is about 35% due to the amount of cars they have available to triangulate the signal  they also said that if they recover a license plate from the stolen car, that its a "recovery".

I refuse to wait hours, and I like to be able to assist in retaining my property since the supreme court ruled that the police aren't there to protect me at all.

I'm putting one in all of my vehicles, my boat, my Cherokee plane, my daughters Mustang and my Harley.  The unit I have is the only one rated for motorcycles by the NTSA for voltage/amp draw and frequencies that do not interfere with the bike's operation

Once I retain an attorney to resolve this, it will be I who is the victor and because Lo Jack REFUSED CERTIFIED documentation of my issues, that lets me know that they really don't care.  Thanks for nothing.

Read your documentation again

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"I paid $850.00 for the unit and it doesn't work in all states, which they represented they did."

Do you have proof of the misrepresentation? One of the FAQs on the LoJack web site reads, "Is LoJack available in my area?" The answer includes a detailed list of states and counties indicating the coverage area. They also include a toll-free phone number to call for coverage updates. New Mexico is not on the list.