Complaint Review: LOG SPLITTERS DIRECT . COM

• Updated: Sun, February 23, 2014

• Reported By: ryanmad2000 — Lancaster Pennsylvania
LOG SPLITTERS DIRECT . COM
1325 Rodeo Drive Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

LOG SPLITTERS DIRECT . COM Log Splitter leaks Hydraulics on first use - now I am stuck with it Bolingbrook Illinois

I purchased a Cub Cadet Log Splitter model LS 25 CC and it arrived ok.  I have used it one time and i noticed it had a very pronounced leak of hydraulic fluid.  Tightening the bolt at that spot did nothing to slow the leak.  I have unfortunately learned that this model is prone to poor welds which can leak hydraulic fluid.

A video of the unit leaking is:

youtube.com/watch?v=3KqdJNPyZuM

I asked for assistance from LogSplittersDirect.com and they referred me to several service centers in my area.  They very quickly would not stand behind their product or support their sale.  They told me that since I gassed up the unit, I had to seek help elsewhere and could not return it.  How do you run a log splitter without gassing it up?

I am now left to chase down local service solutions for warranty support.  I did not buy the unit from them so am not expecting great things.  This has been a very disappointing experience  - I know products are not perfect but the poor level of support from LogSplittersDirect is astounding and unacceptable.  I hope other people read this and do not make the same mistake I did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2014 12:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LOG-SPLITTERS-DIRECT-COM/Bolingbrook-Illinois-60490/LOG-SPLITTERS-DIRECT-COM-Log-Splitter-leaks-Hydraulics-on-first-use-now-I-am-stuck-wi-1125880. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LOG SPLITTERS DIRECT . COM