Complaint Review: LOMBART INSTRUMENT COMPANY

• Reported By: mad as hell — Houston Texas USA
LOMBART INSTRUMENT COMPANY
5358 ROBIN HOOD ROAD NORFOLK, Virginia United States of America

LOMBART INSTRUMENT COMPANY NOT WORTH IT NORFOLK, Virginia

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: 5 times the price?!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Customer has not contacted us

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Please Contact the Home Office

We are a multi-physician group and we have had terrible service from Lombart.  They are great with their sales force, but wait until you need service!

Our staff has consistently found them to be evasive, expensive and terribly slow when their equipment needs servicing or repairs.

We gave up trying to work with them.

Their prices are in line with other suppliers. But, there is essentially no service after the sale. There are so many other eye equipment companies out there these days, and the good ones appreciate their customers.

If you want to waste time and money, Lombart is the place to go.

Is that why they're doing business out of Robin Hood Road?  Get It?

We suggest that you do your homework-- you'll likely go elsewhere.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2012 11:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LOMBART-INSTRUMENT-COMPANY/NORFOLK-Virginia-23513/LOMBART-INSTRUMENT-COMPANY-NOT-WORTH-IT-NORFOLK-Virginia-904638. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LOMBART INSTRUMENT COMPANY

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

5 times the price?!

AUTHOR: --- - (USA)

I bought some batteries and got an invoice from the company... well several weeks later they said they were having trouble with credit card fraud, and I needed to fill out and return a online credit card form... They already had it almost all filled out, but then I noticed my $180 batteries were now over $1000?!!? WHAT??!

I emailed them and they told me that it was due to the webpage stating I had to call for the price (their bill already had one price). I told them then and my only reply was a picture of their webpage showing where it did state to call for a price... to which I showed the place I ordered them from that it did not.

No sorry, no we will work with you on this, just tough, we are going to cancel your order. I did get a "thank you" at the end of the email. Come on, I will work with you, but no… canceled order and single screen shot. Well thank you.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Customer has not contacted us

AUTHOR: rlombart - ()

I have filed a rebuttal that has not been answered. This came from a customer that we no longer wish to do business with and is upset that we wish not to hear from them. We would like to have this removed, but it is not Rip Off's policy.

With the thousands of customers that we sell each year, we sometimes have a customer that is not reasonable and it is in both people's interest to part ways. We do not have a policy of disparaging our customers, so this is our only option. The customer is not even in the location that they claim. I am always interested in talking to unhappy customers.

Rick

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Please Contact the Home Office

AUTHOR: rlombart - (United States of America)

I am sorry you feel you have not received good service. Have you complained to anyone at the company?

If so, to whom did you complain? I recommend that you contact me to resolve your issue.

We are not perfect, but we did not become the leader in the field by giving poor service.

I look forward to hearing from you.

THANK YOU.