Complaint Review: LOWES HOME IMPROVEMENT WAREHOUSE

• Submitted: Mon, June 23, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 23, 2008

• Reported By:ELWOOD Indiana
LOWES HOME IMPROVEMENT WAREHOUSE
2842 SOUTH WESTERN AVE MARION, Indiana U.S.A.

LOWES HOME IMPROVEMENT WAREHOUSE DON'T TRUST APPLIANCE ARRANTIES MARION Indiana

*Consumer Suggestion: how hard is it to keep a reciept

Bought a fridge with free delivery, I needed it right away. Free delivery is like 1 hour martinizing, it means whenever we can get to it. Took it home myself. Was assured the warranty info was in their system since I am bad about losing reciepts. Lasted 3 months. When I went back to see about getting it fixed I was told no problem, they used a local repair service..where was my reciept? Their story changed when I could not find it and I was informed that they would have no record of it..had to have reiceipt. I told them it still had their tags on it. OK, but how did they know I had not had it for over a year. Easy, the manufacture date showed it was only 9 months old. SORRY, nothing they could do. It set on my back porch for 2 years. I thought about dropping it in their parking lot with my complaint written on it, just to see how long it would take them to find out who had bought it. I would never buy a high dollar item from LOWES.

Old gospel man
ELWOOD, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2008 07:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LOWES-HOME-IMPROVEMENT-WAREHOUSE/MARION-Indiana-46953/LOWES-HOME-IMPROVEMENT-WAREHOUSE-DONT-TRUST-APPLIANCE-ARRANTIES-MARION-Indiana-343073. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LOWES HOME IMPROVEMENT WAREHOUSE

#1 Consumer Suggestion

how hard is it to keep a reciept

AUTHOR: Lambmit - (U.S.A.)

How hard is it to keep a receipt? You need to take responsebility and keep your receipt. It is not the retailers job to keep up with your paperwork.