• Report: #208409

• Reported By:BLYTHEVILLE Arkansas
LOWES HOME IMPROVEMENT
WWW.LOWES.COM Nationwide U.S.A.

LOWES HOME IMPROVEMENT ripoff FREE SHIPPING WITH MAIL IN REBATE NATIONWIDE

I purchased a new stove and microhood from Lowes, we decided to go ahead and pay the $40 for delivery since we were told that we would get it back with a Mail-in-Rebate. We sent the rebate info the next day. Waited 6 weeks as we were told. Called Lowes rebate center and told them we never received it even though the status on line showed it had been shipped 3 weeks before. Someone put me on hold, came back 10 minutes later to tell me that it was sent back - marked UNDELIVERABLE - but with our correct address. So he turned around and had another issues on July 30, 2006 with est. delivery by 8/10/2006.

Here we are 8/29/2006. I called the complaint line to Lowes on 8/25/2006. The lady I spoke with had me on hold for a matter of 20 minutes only to come back twice to tell me there was to much interference on the rebate lines phone and she will try again. The second time she came back to tell me that the lines were too busy and didnt want to keep me on hold any longer but took all contact info and would have someone call me back in 1-2 days.

I have not heard a word nor seen my rebate check in 3 months. I will never purchase another appliance from Lowes. $40 isnt much but the principal is I have been lied to more than once. How does an envelope get sent back as "UNDELIVERABLE" with my correct address on it in the first place?

Ginger
BLYTHEVILLE, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2006 07:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LOWES-HOME-IMPROVEMENT/nationwide/LOWES-HOME-IMPROVEMENT-ripoff-FREE-SHIPPING-WITH-MAIL-IN-REBATE-NATIONWIDE-208409. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LOWES HOME IMPROVEMENT