- Report: #373227
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: L&R Merchandising
L&R Merchandising56 Old Suncook Rd Concord, New Hampshire U.S.A.
L&R Merchandising Scam artists...do not bother going to work here. Concord New Hampshire
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: SMH
*UPDATE Employee: To all who talk down about the company
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: a oppertuinty is only a oppertuinty if you take advandge of it (ie. go to work to work)
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
2. The salary they offer is virtually impossible to receive unless you do nothing other than work for the company.
3. They give a 3 day, UNPAID training session.
4. They call themselves "L&R Merchandising" instead of "Kirby of Concord" in their ads for a reason. Seriously...I left a "demo" box in the lobby while going to do something else, and the higher-ups (read:the only ones who make $$$) started freaking out and told me to "get it out of here" and "put it in my car". I didn't think much of it and did as they said. When I came back, I jokingly asked what was up. I was told..."We are interviewing new people and don't want them to see 'Kirby' the moment they walk in the door." Think about it.
5. They say the first weekend is about "training". Get some leads yourself. Don't worry about sales, just get the experience. Now you get into your friends and families houses and are expecting just this. However, they expect you to call them 3 times. First, to show you are there. Second, after the "4x4" rug shampooing, and/or mattress cleaning, finally the "sales pitch". Mark my words, there is no "don't worry about sales" aspect about it. Hard sale pitch is what is it all about. They just see new meat.
6. L&R Merchandising (Kirby) will tell you they only send you 20-30 miles max to your show. I have seen almost 80 one-way. No sale=no money.
7. They say that you will receive $200 for comission/sale. That is if you sell it for $1499. If it sells for less, then you don't get the commission you expected. You get $50. That is a split difference between the guideline of $1499 and the net price negotiated. Of course they say if you sell one for more, you get the benefit of the difference. Of course, the only ones that actually sell it for this are the owner and the "trainer". Of course, neither can be verified.
8. One person who worked there stated he only has sold 6 in 8 weeks. Another hasn't sold any, but has only been in NH for a couple weeks and doesn't really know of any other place to work. With the exception of about 4 or 5 people who have worked there for some time, it appears Rick Smith and his crew feed off people they know will sell a Kirby or 2, but will ultimately fail.
But one thing I've learned...PLEASE don't just schedule a carpet cleaning for no reason other than to schedule a carpet cleaning! The only one that will lose is the person that shows up to do it. THEY are they ones who pay their own gas/time to go there. Kirby/L&R Merchandising DOES NOT PAY FOR THEIR TIME! These poor souls pay for their own gas money and get nothing in return, regardless of what the crook, Rick Smith says.
HARDBALL THEM, and you will get your Kirby for less than $1000. They will say "it is now a demo'd model". Why pay $1500 when they will fold for much less? This is HOW THEY WORK. Simply say "I don't want it", and this deal *WILL* appear within a couple minutes. All it has done is shampoo about 3 rugs. No, this doesn't help the poor slob that showed up at your house. He gets $50 in comission, and a reason to go back to college.
The Kirby is an awesome product. It sells itself "IF" you can make it affordable. In most cases, you can. It is just the business model that really needs updating. They will sell it to anyone, regardless of Are they making money? Sure. Just because Warren Buffet buys you out, does that make you Jesus in the sales market? Of course not. At least Jesus had some morals. Kirby and Rick Smith do not.
Concord, New Hampshire
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2008 07:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LR-Merchandising/Concord-New-Hampshire/LR-Merchandising-Scam-artistsdo-not-bother-going-to-work-here-Concord-New-Hampshire-373227. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.