Complaint Review: LTB Autosports

• Submitted: Mon, October 25, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, March 05, 2011

• Reported By: Mel — Plano Texas U.S.A.
LTB Autosports
5585 Schenck Ave #2 Rockledge, Florida United States of America

LTB Autosports **WARNING against LTB Autosports** Rockledge, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: LTB Autosports

*Author of original report: RA number recieved

I bought a set of PIAA High Intensity LED (Part Number 19503) replacement bulbs for my E60 Angel Eyes. ($175) The LTB website and documentation all say these bulbs fit all models of the E60. As it turns out, my car (2008 550i) has the Adaptive Lighting System and these bulbs do not fit at all. There is no Angel Eye bulb on this Xenon unit; instead the Angel Eyes are lite by an H8 bulb that turns on like a daytime running light. I found this out after removing my Xenon unit and speaking to PIAA USA Tech Support today. The owner of this company LTB Autosports (Louis) was extremely rude to me and refused to give me an Return Authorization Number simply becuase I opened to box. He said that the manufacturer could not be wrong , accused me of not knowing what I was doing, and also that I agreed to a No Return Policy when I bought them. (Actually their website doesn't say that at all)

When I found myself forced to threaten legal action of some sort, his reply was "go ahead, good luck with getting your refund" In my opinion, LTB Motorsports is clearly engaging in False/Misleading Advertisement and now they are sticking me with a $175 part I cannot use. I have notified the Federal Trade Commission and the Florida Attorney Generals Office. Be forewarned about this mail order company. All I wanted was a refund for something that was clearly labeled that it would fit my car, but does not. On a lighter note, Rob Brooks, Regional Sales Director for PIAA has been kind enough to send me a pair of H8 Xtreme White bulbs FREE OF CHARGE, to help make up for this situation. Thank you to PIAA for helping me out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2010 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LTB-Autosports/Rockledge-Florida-32955/LTB-Autosports-WARNING-against-LTB-Autosports-Rockledge-Florida-655159. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LTB Autosports

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

LTB Autosports

AUTHOR: LTB Autosports - (United States of America)

Our policy clearly state that we don't accept items that has been removed from the box, the reason we have that policy is to make sure that the customer doesn't ruin the item especially when it is sensitive electronics. We sold the item based on the information we received from the manufacturer ( PIAA ), PIAA made a mistake, we are not at fault.

The customer received an appolpgy from the manufacturer ( PIAA ) that they made a mistake and listed his vehicle on their application guide, PIAA also agreed to take back the item for refund , we gave the customer an RMA # and he did return the product for full refund.

Issue solved and the customer is happy, he got his money back and we got credit back for the item from PIAA.
LTB Autosports has sold over 15000 items on Ebay and received 99.4% positive feedback, currently we are a TOP RATED seller on Ebay.

RA number recieved

AUTHOR: Mel - (U.S.A.)

LTB Autosports issued me an RA number for this product.  I consider this matter to be resolved.

preferred