Complaint Review: LTD Commodities - ABC Distributing

• Submitted: Fri, November 30, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, June 01, 2009

• Reported By:Falls Church Virginia
LTD Commodities - ABC Distributing
2800 Lakeside Drive Bannockburn, Illinois U.S.A.

LTD Commodities - ABC Distributing Outrageous Shipping Charges Shipped Every Item Seperately to Charge More for Shipping! Bannockburn Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: LTD Commodities Announces New and Improved Shipping Rates

I have ordered from LTD Commodities/ABC Distributing both by phone and by mail. Every time I have ordered more than one item, they ship the items seperately and it takes a long time to receive the item. The shipping charges cost more than most mail order cataloges. When I have called Customer Service asking why the items are shipped seperately, the woman on the phone said that "they are shipped from seperate warehouses". This is not explained anywhere on their website or in their catalogs. This is all that is stated on their website pertaining to why they ship in multiple packages:

"Sometimes I receive my order in multiple shipments. Why is this?

It is our policy to send you your merchandise as soon as possible. Our ability to ship an order altogether depends upon the availability, size, weight and compatibility of the items ordered. If an item is out-of-stock, it is sent when it becomes available."

If this company is serious about what they state on their website as their "focus" ("And we are proud to say we remain a family-run company focused on one premise: satisfy our customers with high-quality products at a great value."), then they need to find a way to save their customer's money by either shipping all of the items in one shipment, or allow the customer a way to order items that are generated from the same location as so they can avoid ordering items that will be originating from seperate warehouses.

Neveragain
Falls Church, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2007 09:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LTD-Commodities-ABC-Distributing/Bannockburn-Illinois-60015/LTD-Commodities-ABC-Distributing-Outrageous-Shipping-Charges-Shipped-Every-Item-Seperate-287924. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LTD Commodities - ABC Distributing

LTD Commodities Announces New and Improved Shipping Rates

AUTHOR: Jodi S - (U.S.A.)

Hi Neveragain!

I was following up on your previous blog comment on LTD's shipping policies.

At LTD Commodities, we really take customer feedback seriously. We heard your requests and I am really excited to let you know we made significant improvements to our shipping policies by creating a shipping rate chart! Now you can know your total shipping costs up front, and whether we ship your order in one box or several, you'll never pay more than what our chart indicates.

If you want to learn more about these great changes please visit us at www.ltdcommodities.com or let me know how I can answer any questions by emailing me at helpline@ltdcommodities.com

Thanks!