Complaint Review: LTD Commodities - ABC Distributing

• Submitted: Sat, June 14, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, June 21, 2008

• Reported By:Anchorage Alaska
LTD Commodities - ABC Distributing
2800 Lakeside Dr Bannockburn, Illinois U.S.A.

LTD Commodities - ABC Distributing Terrible service, slow shipping, overall satisfaction is ZERO Bannockburn Illinois

*Consumer Comment: LTD Commodities and ABC Distributing...not a rip off

I placed an order, Order Number 74664970, with LTD Commodities/ABC Distributing on Mar 3rd, 2008. As of today, Jun 14th, I have received NONE of the items.

Now I understand that items are shipped with the least expensive shipping method to keep costs down. However, I think that 3 1/2 months is a little long to wait for merchandise that I paid for with a check, which cleared my bank back in April. This was after I tried to pay online and racked up a $30 return fee (which was returned to me after finally getting through to billing) because ABC said that I must have entered the numbers wrong (Twice?).

The software to pay online is a joke and does not work. I have no problems from any other company I order from on line with my routing numbers and account numbers to transfer funds.

I cant even track where these items because the site has provided NO tracking number. This will be my last order from this company and I am not paying another dime (I still owe $13.82) until I see the items I purchased on my doorstep. The payment reminder emails say, "Please recall abc's terms are net 10 days, and for your convenience your payment can now be made online at www.abcdistributing.com. Or if you prefer to mail a check, an invoice and a return envelope were included in your package." Well, you actually have to have recieved a package in order to get the invoice and envelope to mail in your payment.

So what gives? All items supposedly shipped in mid March with the exception of one item, which shipped in April. So where IS all the merchandise? This is NOT the first time I had these same problems with this company. The customer service at the company is sorely lacking and the items, even shipped on a slow boat from China should not take more than a month to a month and a half.

This company lures you in with seemingly great merchandise at great prices but lets you down in the customer service arena. You can't even find email addresses to upper echelon personnel...the contact info goes to a centralized email account that one of the company lackeys answers just to appease.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.........never again!

Anchorage, Alaska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2008 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LTD-Commodities-ABC-Distributing/Bannockburn-Illinois-60015/LTD-Commodities-ABC-Distributing-Terrible-service-slow-shipping-overall-satisfaction-i-340284. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LTD Commodities - ABC Distributing

LTD Commodities and ABC Distributing...not a rip off

AUTHOR: Nothappyrippedoff - (U.S.A.)

Hi Beth I read your post about LTD commodities. I am a little puzzled by your response.

The nice thing about LTD commodities is that you are not required to pay anything on products that you have purchased from LTD commodities until you have physically recieved the merchandise on your door step. So please forgive me when I say that I don't understand why you would pay for something if it is not required by the company.

There is also a way to check the status of your account online at ltdcommodities.com. It will tell you if the item is backordered (which most of the time it is), whether it has shipped, etc. They only give you a tracking number when then item is actually shipped. So, if you have not recieved a tracking number then it most likely has not shipped. Yes, I agree that is frustrating to wait for something that you truly want and have to wait months to recieve it. But then again that is why you are not REQUIRED to pay until you recieve the item. Once you recieve the item they enclose your bill and you have within 10 days of recieveing the merchandise to pay your bill. I have also placed payments online with their Pay now and had no problems with it and the money was recieved right away.

I have made many purchases through LTD commodities and have never experienced any problems that have been discussed in your complaint other than just the experience of wanting something now and not getting it for weeks to months at a time. Its a small price to pay for something that hardly costs you what a major corporation of store would charge you. I do not recommend buying anything if you need it right away or for a special occassion.