Complaint Review: LTD Commodities A/k/a ABC Commodities

• Updated: Tue, August 31, 2010

• Reported By:East Haven Connecticut
LTD Commodities A/k/a ABC Commodities
www.ltdcommodities.com Internet U.S.A.

LTD Commodities A/k/a ABC CommoditiesLTD A/k/a ABC Commodities ripoff, shipping scam, general rudeness Internet

*UPDATE Employee: LTD Commodities LLC Customer Support Specialist

*UPDATE Employee: LTD Commodities LLC Customer Support Specialist

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Denying my service and over charge of shipping

LTD not only overcharges you on your shipping, but after an incident last Friday, I discovered that the refuse to refund your shipping either.

Having a small business in a condo complex, I have LTD delivering on a regular basis. They recently switched shipping methods on me and now shipments are sent via UPS instead of USPS like they used to be.

After being in the office ALL day long on Friday (with the front door WIDE open and a radio on, so it was obvious that the place was occupied), I find a UPS post-it stuck to my door stating that they made the 3rd & final delivery attempt to my business and the package was now being sent back to LTD unless I went to the station to pick it up. This post-it was the 1st I had received, so I was unaware of any prior delivery attempts.

I contacted UPS and was told that the driver knocked but no one came to the door. I told them the door was wide open with a radio on and they could not have tried very hard as the office is very small and it's IMPOSSIBLE not to hear someone knocking or ringing the doorbell. I was told they would have someone call me back and arrange for me to pick up the package. I then inquired about getting a postage refund as I was home at time of delivery, and now if I have to go and pick up my package I should not have to pay the full postage price. UPS informed me that if it came to that, they would refund the money to LTD (as LTD was the business who paid them) and it would be my responsibility to get the funds from LTD. I thanked them and hung up awaiting my return call from them.

While waiting to hear from UPS, I contacted LTD regarding the situation. After going around in circles with an extremely rude individual, I asked about the shipping refund, and to my shock, her response was, "We do not give 3rd party shipping refunds". I then spoke with 2 supervisors who both gave me the same response. When I asked them to clarify, they told me that my reasoning behind wanting the refund was unacceptable as they did their part in shipping it to me. I informed them that I wasn't looking for the money to come from them, I just had to go through them because UPS was giving the money to them and not me. They're response was "Well, that works out nicely for us doesn't it."

So the bottom line is, not only does LTD overcharge for their shipping, but should something happen, they don't want to know anything at all and intend to make a profit off both your purchase and any problem you may have in delivery, and not refund money rightly due to you.

Amy
East Haven, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2003 03:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LTD-Commodities-Aka-ABC-Commodities/internet/LTD-Commodities-Aka-ABC-CommoditiesLTD-Aka-ABC-Commodities-ripoff-shipping-scam-gene-67096. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LTD Commodities A/k/a ABC Commodities

LTD Commodities LLC Customer Support Specialist

AUTHOR: Kristy g - (U.S.A.)

Dear Amy,

Let me be the first to apologize to you on behalf of LTD Commodities LLC. Your experience is not typical of the service we provide to our customers. LTD strives to provide 100 % customer satisfaction and is proud to say we are a member of the Better Business Bureau with a grade A +. Id really like to help you in properly getting this matter straightened out and ask that you contact me directly with your account information.

Please contact me directly at help@ltdcommodities.com and I will contact you immediately.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Kind regards,

Kristy Gomez

Customer Support Specialist

LTD Commodities LLC

LTD Commodities LLC Customer Support Specialist

AUTHOR: Kristy g - (U.S.A.)

Greetings Pam,

LTD Commodities LLC is definitely concerned to hear that your experience with our company has been less than favorable. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience.

I was able to find your customer information on our database and would really like the opportunity to discuss with you further details concerning your account.

Please email me directly at help@ltdcommodities.com the best way and time to reach you and I will contact you immediately.

I look forward to speaking with you!

Best regards,

Kristy Gomez

Customer Support Specialist

LTD Commodities LLC

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Denying my service and over charge of shipping

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

I was denied service because the name of my husband's company had changed. Once my husband got his license, he changed the name.

They claimed they were too many companies using the same address. There had not been any other name than the Three G's Construction or Gibson Drywall Service.

Also, never sending in items all at once. It was always one or two items at a time in order to collect more shipping. (Which was never set a specific rate). Never knowing what the shipping was. They would claim it is on back order.  It would be so much easier to mail as much as you can at once.

I did enjoy shopping with the company other that the way they shipped the items in order to collect more shipping.

However, I never had a problem on returning an item. They would just send one right out to replace it without a shipping charge.

Pam Gibson