Complaint Review: LUCKY DOG FOUNDATION

• Updated: Wed, June 11, 2014

• Reported By: Denise — Santa Clarita California
LUCKY DOG FOUNDATION
La Mirada, California USA

LUCKY DOG FOUNDATION Lucky Dog Rescue Foundation, La MiradaLucky Dog Foundation, Pasadena FRAUDULENT !! La Mirada California

WARNING - FAKE TAX ID- NO MICROCHIP - FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD I just adopted an adorable puppy from Lucky Dog Foundation on 12/28/13. I was told she had shots, was micro-chipped, and even promised a free bag of dog food from Blue Buffalo as she was part of the Home 4 the Holidays animal adoption program. I sent an email to the rescue on the 27th and received a response the next morning and was told that I could come and meet the dog that day - at a Starbucks in Orange County as this rescue has no building but is all foster family based. I paid $475 (typical for rescues) with the promise of $75 refunded after I get her spayed. Well as an experienced dog owner, I knew my dog had parasites because of her feces and the amount of times she had to go and so I took her to the vet. The paperwork that was emailed to me had a shot record (but no vet's name) it even had a microchip number but I had my suspicions and told my vet to scan her for a chip. When none appeared, they offered to x-ray her to be sure as sometimes chips migrate or are "dead" because they were never activated - but hey...no microchip showed up on the x-ray. So I decided to do a little more investigating and went to look up their tax ID number - guess what - that didn't exist either as well as even trying to look up their foundation under non-profits,

I was told that my "donation" was tax-deductible and also told to keep in contact and send pictures - yeah sure like they really care!! I just hope other people read this and refuse to adopt from them. They are on petfinder.com and adopt-a-pet.com...and I am copying the last email I sent to them

.Still awaiting your response as I said I could be at your vet tomorrow. Of course if your foundation is as I have stated you will not follow through.

Please respond.
Sent from Denise's iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Date: January 2, 2014 at 3:40:47 PM PST To: Lucky Dog Foundation <luckydogfnd@aol.com> Subject: Re: Feedback via the Lucky Dog Foundation Adoption Application [#763]

Ann

I have searched your tax ID on several websites for non-profit status and otherwise. If I am mistaken I apologize in advance, however you can always forward me a copy of your 501(c)3 letter for my files.

Sent from Denise's iPhone

On Jan 2, 2014, at 3:04 PM, "Lucky Dog Foundation" <luckydogfnd@aol.com> wrote:

Denise,

Your dog, as all dogs in our rescue are microchipped before being adopted. If your veterinarian is having an issue reading/locating the microchip then we will need to make arrangements to have a new microchip inserted immediately. Please let us know when you can meet us (within the next 7 business days) at our veterinarian’s office to have it placed.

We advise all adopters have their dogs checked by their veterinarian immediately after adopting. Unfortunately, your dog did not exhibit any signs (even a clean fecal) of parasites, but unfortunately they can be hard to detect, but common in puppies (especially in those who have been in shelter/rescue environments).

The dog you applied for “Polly” is a 6 month old German Shepherd. Based upon your answers to questions on our application, we did not feel she was a fit for your family and had you meet another younger, smaller, female dog in our care. This was also sent to you in a separate email and then one to ask if you would like to meet her.

The tax ID number on the adoption contract is correct. Please make sure ALL terms of the adoption agreement are followed including those pertaining to the spaying of your dog in order to not have the Agreement rescinded and have your deposit refunded.

Regards,

Ann Cho

Director

Lucky Dog Foundation

From: Sent: Thursday, January 2, 2014 2:17 PM To: Lucky Dog Subject: Re: Feedback via the Lucky Dog Foundation Adoption Application

Hi Jessica

I'm not sure how to word this email but I'm sure that you already know my puppy was never microchipped. As I am a little different than most of your adopters, I had my puppy checked out right away because she needed treatment for parasites. I asked the vet to scan her which of course revealed no microchip and they even double-checked with an x-ray. I also know that the tax ID number you supplied is also incorrect. I would appreciate a phone call or email back within 24 hours from you or someone that can address these issues from me. Judging by all of this falsification, should I even expect to get back the $75 for getting my dog spayed, the dog that wasn't even the dog pictured?

On Dec 28, 2013, at 12:03 PM, Lucky Dog <luckydogfnd@aol.com> wrote:

Hi Denise,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We were at our vets office for the microchips. Can we make it 2:30? You will be meeting with me the foster and another volunteer Nancy Roberts. I just googled a location that is close to the freeways and where our earlier appointment is (hopefully easy to find). It's a Starbucks with a large outside seating area. The physical address is 2035 E. Katella, Anaheim. My cell phone number is 562-543-3399.

We will have all of the puppy's paperwork with them so if all goes well at the meet and greet we have the option of finalizing the adoption, allowing the puppy to go home with you.

Our adoption donation is $400 for puppies under the age of 1 year, plus a refundable $75 spay/neuter deposit. This donation is tax deductible as allowed by law and helps to offset the costs that we have incurred for the dog’s care and housing during their stay with our group. Because the minimum Adoption Donation rarely covers the costs associated with each dog, we ask that adopters who are in a position to give additional funds do so at their discretion. It is requested that the adoption donation be in the form of cash, money order or cashier’s check made payable to the Lucky Dog Foundation. Any additional donations and or spay/neuter deposits may be made in the form of cash, personal check and or credit card.

Would you please email me back to confirm today's appointment at 2:30pm?

Adoption Coordinator

On Dec 28, 2013, at 10:07 AM, wrote:

Will 1:30 work out. I could probably be there closer to 1 if that helps. I'll be leaving at 12
Sent from  iPhone

On Dec 28, 2013, at 9:24 AM, Lucky Dog <luckydogfnd@aol.com> wrote:

Great! Would around 12pm in Anaheim work for you?

Jessica

On Dec 28, 2013, at 9:13 AM,  wrote:

Yes we are in the early afternoon
Sent from iPhone

On Dec 28, 2013, at 9:01 AM, Lucky Dog <luckydogfnd@aol.com> wrote:

Thank you for your application. Are you available to meet her today?

Jessica Hughes

Adoption Coordinator

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2014 09:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LUCKY-DOG-FOUNDATION/La-Mirada-California/LUCKY-DOG-FOUNDATION-Lucky-Dog-Rescue-Foundation-La-MiradaLucky-Dog-Foundation-Pasadena-1113166. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LUCKY DOG FOUNDATION