Complaint Review: LUEBKE BAKER & ASSOCIATES

• Submitted: Sat, February 09, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, August 10, 2008

• Reported By:North Liberty Iowa
LUEBKE BAKER & ASSOCIATES
8903 N. PIONEER RD Peoria, Illinois U.S.A.

LUEBKE BAKER & ASSOCIATES Harrasses me for someone else's debt!! Lies about removing number Peoria Illinois

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Ex Roomate Debt

A former roommate of mine ran up some bills and skipped town several years ago. When this company called to collect the debt, I informed them of this. I even gave the number of the company where he works as well as his new cell phone number. They are STILL calling me.

I have received so many calls fromt this company! They are rude and obnoxious and will not leave me alone even though I have absolutely no connection to this oblication other than that the person who ran up the debt used to live with me.

I would love to get into a class action lawsuit with this people. Their rampant abuses have been documented on the Internet and now I am adding my own account.

Bradford
North Liberty, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2008 09:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LUEBKE-BAKER-ASSOCIATES/Peoria-Illinois-61615/LUEBKE-BAKER-ASSOCIATES-Harrasses-me-for-someone-elses-debt-Lies-about-removing-numb-307562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LUEBKE BAKER & ASSOCIATES

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Ex Roomate Debt

AUTHOR: Bob - (U.S.A.)

I worked collections for this company. You don't explain anything in your post about your debt so I will have to make assumptions. First let me state that I do not like this company. With that said if your ex roomate ran up the debt and they are contacting you then obviously it is your name on the account. I am making the assumption further that this was probably a property rental debt. The issue comes into play that both of you are responsible if you were both on the lease and collection agencies in general don't care who pays as long as it gets paid.

My only advice is that you try to get them to let yo pay half to take your name off of the debt and remove it from your credit. The only other option is to try and contact your ex roomate and convince them to pay it for you. If i am wrong and this is a credit card type debt then you are responsible unless you had filed a police report and had your ex roomate arrested for id theft but obviously this isn't the case. Best of luck.