Complaint Review: LVAAP

• Submitted: Wed, June 01, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, June 01, 2005

• Reported By:cocoa beach Florida
LVAAP
PO Box 98855 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

LVAAP, Las Vegas, Nevada Actionable Award Program ripoff, scam artist, fraud Las Vegas Nevada

I filed this letter with the Las Vegas Better Business Bureau.

This letter that was sent to me stating that I had won $3,341,006.00 is suspicious from top to bottom. You Are Officially Sworn To Secrecy, Absolutly Confidential. Then told to enclose $20.00 for the report -release fee! Also, the small print claims that subscribers are solely resposible to investigate the rules and restrictions for this sweepstakes.

I did this and I could not find any information on the sweestakes. The lack of phone numbers and web info. or any other kind of contact help made me very suspicious. I also did an online Google search for LVAAP, and found "RIP-OFF consumer reports" by 40-50 others who had done the same and had received the same letter with the same winnings amount. One victim said they received a second letter sstating that they needed to send another $20 for the next phase of the contest. (Please check the site, and see for yourself). I have never even heard of the LVAAP before today and I hope to never hear from them again. I also hope that others that receive this letter do not get fooled by this scam!

I am a business owner in Florida for 23 years, and I find this disgusting. I hope you can do something to help protect vulnerable people from this scam artist. Thanks for your time, Tim Rhoads.

Tim
cocoa beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2005 02:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LVAAP/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89193/LVAAP-Las-Vegas-Nevada-Actionable-Award-Program-ripoff-scam-artist-fraud-Las-Vegas-Nev-144716. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LVAAP