Complaint Review: LVNV Funding - Resurgent Capital Service LP

• Submitted: Sun, September 21, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 22, 2008

• Reported By:La FOllette Tennessee
LVNV Funding - Resurgent Capital Service LP
15 South Main Street Suite 600 Greenville, South Carolina U.S.A.

LVNV Funding - Resurgent Capital Service LP Paying pennies and collecting dollars Greenville South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Stacy your the loser

*Consumer Comment: I don't have to take them to court

*Consumer Comment: Stacy strikes again

*Consumer Comment: No Charles you are pathetic

*Consumer Comment: Stacy sounds pathetic

*Consumer Comment: Once again Charles and is infinite wisdom

*Consumer Comment: Why does lvnv funding keep messing with peoples lives

*Consumer Comment: STEVEN - BRADENTON, FL--WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FIRST MAJOR DELINQUENCY AND DATE OF FIRST DELINQUENCY?

*Consumer Comment: Ignore stacy

*Consumer Suggestion: Stay off the phone, and DO NOT make a payment or agreement to pay! And..

*Consumer Comment: They are one of worst third party collection agencies

LVNV funding is suing me for $909.19 plus court cost because of an old debt they purchased for pennies, the original amount was $498. I tried to pay this debt when I first found out it had been turned over to collections agency, but they just talked down to me, LVNV funding is taking advantage of people, especially in today's economy, their paying pennies and collecting dollars, this doesn't seem right, isn't that called unjust enrichment, this is not their debt they bought it which means they choose to lose money, by the way the attorney for LVNV funding has an unlisted phone number.

Sallymo
La FOllette, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2008 07:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LVNV-Funding-Resurgent-Capital-Service-LP/Greenville-South-Carolina-29601/LVNV-Funding-Resurgent-Capital-Service-LP-Paying-pennies-and-collecting-dollars-Greenvil-374888. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LVNV Funding - Resurgent Capital Service LP

Stacy your the loser

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

Stacy your the loser. You don't even know me. Know I have to put up with you along with the rest of the smart mouth's along with faron, prissy, sherri, john, chris, bart he Is john also, patrick, laurie, mary from deland flordia.

I have not done nothing to these people who attack me personally like you, they don't like It because I expose all the wrongs these businesses do. So ya'll gang up on me.

You can harass me but I always come out ahead, so you can put me down all you fee like.

I don't have to take them to court

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

I don't have to take the to court. To get these bottom feeders of my back I send them a certified letter with a cease & decease letter, telling them not to contact me.

Sure It costs me $5.00 & 49 cents for stamps but its worth It. Then I make complaint's to the better business bureau & the alabama attorney general office & there state's attorney general office.

I explain to them my situation they back off, I have never been taken to court but any of these scum.

Stacy strikes again

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

Stacy the hypocrite strikes again. Let me refresh your memory again stacy. You are the one who starting posting about me, when I haven't even said anything you to.

Also I have not made any false reports I see you will not shut up, well you are not getting your way stacy.

Other people might have to put up with your crap & lies & ruin there day. I don't have to put up with It.

You have been rude to me for no reason I have never done nothing to you, why are you protecting these bad businesses.

Also I will never keep quiet no matter how much abuse you dish out to me. You can make fun of my spelling.

I don't have to take crap from anyone.

No Charles you are pathetic

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

You cannot even get my name right
You have no idea what I think or what I know
I have sued a bottom feeder collection agency in Texas District Court and WON
You on the other hand have made false report after false report therefore your comments are (how do I put this) CRAP
Grow up - get a JOB and tell mommy to do the same
To the original OP
Listen to the GOOD advice and ignore the crap from Charles
Good luck and visit www.budhibbs.com - he is a really great guy (i have spoken to him many times)
Sue these bottom feeders until they are out of business!!
Stacey

Stacy sounds pathetic

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

Stacy sounds pathetic. She & others have said my complaint's are false. Well who are they to say my complaint's are false they are not In my shoes. I am tired of being screwed.

I am tired of being screwed & lied about from these bad businesses. How come stacy isn't calling this person a deadbeat which she unfairly told me I was one.

Then her buddy laurie who I never heard of told me to shut up out of the blue for no reason when I made an complaint on an equifax complaint.

This Is just plain abuse.

Once again Charles and is infinite wisdom

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

If you actually took the time out to read the post I was giving the original OP some advice on how to beat this low life collection agency - YOU on the other hand told the OP to ignore my advice
Guess what Chucky - I have sued a bottom feeder collection agency like this and won - maybe YOU should get educated and stop leaving negative feedback for individuals who have been ripped off - unlike you these people a real complaints
Grow up get a job and get a life
To the original OP - find a lawyer and take these dirtbags down!

Why does lvnv funding keep messing with peoples lives

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

Why does lvnv funding keep messing with peoples live. We have enough to worry about, then these blood suckers have to add more problems to our lives & they will not leave us alone.

They can't make people pay who don't have money, then these blood suckers want to get you into more debt buy suggessting you go take out a loan to pay for the debt.

I am not doing that & I suggest other people not to take out loans you can't pay back to pay off your current debt. These monsters want us to be In debt buy suggesting to do that.

AUTHOR: P - (U.S.A.)

I ask because LVNV keeps putting derogatories on my credit file for over a year. I have been "corresponding" with them via cert mail requesting validation for almost 18 months and the next thing I know I have a derogatory on my credit file. I cannot afford to pay for a service once a month to check whether they continue to do this ...

Anyway, back to the question. What is the difference between those two items? Last month LVNV put the item that had been taken off two months before back on my credit report and I noticed there are two separate dates. One is for TWO YEARS and TWO MONTHS prior (the date of the first delinquency) to the first major delinquency date which is two years and two months later than the date of first delinquency. Are they trying to reset the SOL date?

They have also claimed they were the OC in one credit report listing and Brachfeld (another one of Resurgents people) actually pulled my credit saying I had applied for credit with them - which obviously is a lie ....

Ignore stacy

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

Ignore stacy she thinks she has the power to abuse people who post complaints. The only way to get back @ these abusers Is to just ignore them but they will not shup up.

They will continue to post mean & abusive comments to you. These bullies think they own rip-off report!. In fact they are sent from the companies to embarass & harass the poster.

But I refuse to keep quiet I am In this to fight!.

#10 Consumer Suggestion

Stay off the phone, and DO NOT make a payment or agreement to pay! And..

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

"SallyMo",

That "debt" is MOST LIKELY past the legal statute of limitations, which would make it legally uncollectable. The SOL is calculated from first major delinquency or charge off. The SOL in TN is 6 years on any type of civil debt.

And, if the original debt was only $498, there is NO WAY it could LEGALLY now be $909. It is illegal for a collection agency or junk debt buyer to add additional "collection fees", "interest", or other costs in addition to those allowed by law.

This is the whole purpose behind the FEDERAL LAW that mandates a debt be CHARGED OFF after being deemed uncollectable and 180 days past major delinquency.

Up until charge off the ORIGINAL CREDITOR can charge the maximum default interest rate in your contract plus late fees as disclosed in contract. But after charge off, no more fees can be charged and the interest rate is limited by federal law, and at last I checked it was 6%.

Here is the good part! The legal burden of proof is on them to prove that you owe them the money, NOT for you to prove that you don't.

Respond to the summons as required by law. Do this in writing by certified mail, return reciept requested to all parties. Be sure to put the certified# on the letter itself and keep copies of each for your records.

If NCO claims to own the debt, you can demand to see proof, including the sale contract, proof of payment and amount paid.

You can also challenge the amount and demand to see a full itemization of charges and account history.

However, your best defense is SOL in most cases.

If you don't understand basic procedures, get a lawyer.

#11 Consumer Suggestion

Stay off the phone, and DO NOT make a payment or agreement to pay! And..

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

"SallyMo",

However, your best defense is SOL in most cases.

If you don't understand basic procedures, get a lawyer.

They are one of worst third party collection agencies

Get an attorney
go to www.budhibbs.com he has a link for attornies that specialize in this type of litigation
Did you receive a subpoena?? Did they give you a court date? Been there done that
Don't get mad get even and get Paid!