• Report: #195777

• Submitted: Sat, June 10, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, June 15, 2006

• Reported By:FRANKLINTON North Carolina
LVNV Funding, Weinstein Law Office
437 West Friendly Avenue. Suite 111 Greensboro, North Carolina U.S.A.
  • Phone: 336-272-3556
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

LVNV Funding, Weinstein Law Offices Harassment of Credit Card Bill, Passed the Statue of Limitations, Ripoff Greensboro North Carolina

*Consumer Suggestion: You have your work cut out for you

In 2002 I stopped paying on a Providian credit card account that was opened in 1999.

Providian would not bargain to lower the 35% intrest rate and the $100 payment was not lowering the balance.
I informed Providian in May 2002,I would have to stop paying on the account due to financial hardships.

LVNV Funding and the Law office of Weinstein of Greensboro, NC (336-272-3556) has called me daily Monday - Sunday as late as 10:00pm and even on my job telling me I must pay or they will sue me or put a judgment against me.

Donna Holt of the Law office Of Weinstein in Greensboro sent an affidavit by the sheriff department in December 2005, telling me I must send a reply by Jan 15, 2006 of my intent to pay $3,148.08.00. She said she will sue for this amount and any interest owed up until the time the account is paid in full.

I hired a lawyer- Ben Williams from Louisburg, NC from the office of Jolly Williamson and Williamson (919-496-4154)to file a reply back to Robert M. Weinstein of Weinstein Law Office in Greensboro, NC, stating this account was past the statue of limittions and even though the account was charged off, I would send good faith money as settlement in the amount of $1000.00 if they would send back a confirmation to agree.
Ben Williamson communicated verbally to me, the collector (LVNV) would not agree to the settlement offer and I needed to borrow, get a loan or sell something, to repay the money.

I found out Ben Williams never filed the reply to the clerk of court of Franklinton N.C. nor to LVNV on my behalf.

Ben Williamson called me at work on 5/24/06 to inform me he had held off the Debt collector attorney at Weinstein as long as he could and if I did not pay the amount owed, a Judgment would be filed against me. On May 30th, 2006 Robert M. Weinstein sent a letter to Ben Williamson to forward a judment entered against me in favor of $2,830.78 at 8% intrest, together with the court cost. Robert M. Weinstein stated, I needed to call their office 10 days from the date of the May 30th letter, to make arrangement for payments or call toll free 1-800-789-4529 in reference to file #05-CVD-1248.

I made a good faith settlement to the best of my finanical abilities even though this account is past the statue of limitations - they verbally refused this according to Williamson. I have nothing more to offer or say to them.

I am at a lost - I trusted a lawyer who in turn, took my money and did not represent me as he said he would.

Weinstein Law office /LVNV Funding, LLC (Providian Financial Corp)keep harassing me for an account that has been charged off since 2002.

What can I do to remove this Judgment against me and to have them cease communication with me on this matter?

Andrea
FRANKLINTON, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2006 08:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LVNV-Funding-Weinstein-Law-Office/Greensboro-North-Carolina-27402-0999/LVNV-Funding-Weinstein-Law-Offices-Harassment-of-Credit-Card-Bill-Passed-the-Statue-of-L-195777. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LVNV Funding, Weinstein Law Office

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Alesia - (U.S.A.)

Have you received a copy of the judgment? If not, check with the court to see if a default judgment has been entered against you. If one has, you may file a Motion to Set Aside. If one hasn't, then - oh boy it gets too complicated to try and explain right now. I will check back and see if you come back to this site before I get into that.

As to your attorney, file a grievance with either the City's Bar Association if you have one or go straight the North Carolina Bar Association. Once they have conducted their investigation you will be provided the results and if he is found to be negligent they will enforce disciplinary actions against him. That would be the first step before filing a legal malpractice complaint against him.

Understand that if a default judgment has been filed against you, you have to act quickly. If you do not, their next step will be to file for a withholding order against your wages.

As I said, I will check back to see your responses. Keep your head up. This is not as bad as you think. It will; however, get worse if you do nothing.

#2 Consumer Suggestion