Complaint Review: LVNV Funding

• Submitted: Mon, January 17, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, January 20, 2011

• Reported By: Robert — Kingston New York United States of America
LVNV Funding
15 South Main Street Suite 600 Greenville, South Carolina United States of America

LVNV Funding The Representative who called me stated to me that since Judgement was already entered by the courts that I was no longer entitled to disclosure of the debt. They hung up stating well we are garnishing Greenville , South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: FYI

*Consumer Comment: You can go back to court to dispute the amount.

*Consumer Comment: question

At this point I am just trying to get the balance remaining. All prior judgement papers I found indicated a judgement of 5300.00 and after subtracting what has already been garnished I reflect a balance of 3700.00 . I have received a notice from the local Sheriffs department that my balance is over 7500.00 which I just do not understand. I think the Sheriffs Department received 2 different notices of this same debt and has added it twice; when I called them they told me they could not reach out to LVNV and I have tried reaching out to them and they told me it is whatever the Sheriffs Department indicated which I disagree with. If the remaining balance is over 7000 I just want a disclosure of debt and accounting of the penalties and interest. Although I must state the lady at the Sheriffs Department was very considerate she states her hands are tied and only the creditor can confirm the remaining balance if I dispute it; when I call LVNV they just stick to their grounds that judgement has been entered and garnishment has started and that I basically no longer have rights to even confirm what the remaining balance is with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2011 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LVNV-Funding/Greenville-South-Carolina-29601/LVNV-Funding-The-Representative-who-called-me-stated-to-me-that-since-Judgement-was-alrea-683621. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LVNV Funding

FYI

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

============================

I do not understand this. Are you aware that South Carolina is one of the four states that does not allow wage garnishment over private debts...even if they've won a judgment? They can freeze your bank account with a valid judgment though.

You can go back to court to dispute the amount.

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

There is a process to challenge the judgement. It varies by state.

The Clerk of Court can help you with this.

question

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Were you served papers by the Sheriff to indicate you were being sued?

If so - is there a reason you did not attend court?

Go to www.budhibbs.com - he has vital information on these scum bags. He also has information for help pertaining to this garnishment. Utilize this information and fight back!