Complaint Review: LYS Consulting

• Updated: Fri, April 18, 2014

• Reported By: Gene — Provo Utah United States of America
LYS Consulting
3348 Peachtree Road Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

LYS Consulting Dr. Lawrence Smith, Terry Hester, Sheri Fleming, Darryl Gray, Franklin Barnette, Mark Lezell Investment and Loan Scam Atlanta, Georgia

*General Comment: contact about "Dr" smith

*Author of original report: CORRECTION RE: SHERRI FLEMING

*Author of original report: Update on non-performance by Dr. Lawrence Smith

*Author of original report: LYS Consulting - Dr Lawrence Smith

*Consumer Comment: Question

It has been over a year that we have been told by Dr. lawrence Smith and his associates that we would receive our initial investment ($250,000) plus earnings and profits. It took less than 24 hours for the funds to disappear once they were placed in escrow with attorney Sheri Fleming in Atlanta who claims she has been duped as well. We placed the funds in escrow based on information provided by Terry Hester of Louisiana. SInce then Terry has attempted to get us to move another $1M to his control. We did not.

On several occasions over the past year Smith has said the funds had been transferred to our account. The funds have never arrived. On several occasions he called from the bank with "cash" in hand to wire but was unable to figure out how to send a wire.

We are suing the attorney for releasing the funds. Over the year Smith has taken additional funds into escrow for loans he has promised. The funds have disappeared. I broker commercial loans and have run into a church in Virginia that claims they gave Dr. Smith $25,000 (into escrow). Their funds are gone and Dr. Smith does not return their calls. Sheri Fleming the attorney also claims Dr. Smith has disappeared.

Every week he still emails me the same email. "The funds will be available next week."

Mark Lezell an attorney out of Washington D.C. has vouched for Smith as have Darryl Gray of Smartek / SMART Tdechnology (Virginia)  and Graystone Holdings and Franklin Barnette of Atlanta,  together with Terry Hester we were supposed to profit by providing POF for bank fees for an oil transaction. We were to share in the profits and our funds were to remain in escrow. Lezell is under investigation and has lost his ability to practice law.

We would love nothing better than to see our money returned and the profits paid with interest. However we expect that the coming year will be the same as last year. "The funds will be wired early next week."

In addition to taking money in for POF for bank fees Smith also deals in financial instruments, SBLC's, POF, BG's and commercial loans. To my knowledge he has never performed.

Anyone wishing to discuss Dr Smith is free to call me at (((redacted)))  or email me at (((redacted))). My guess is we are not the only ones to be delayed week after week.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2012 06:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LYS-Consulting/Atlanta-Georgia-30326/LYS-Consulting-Dr-Lawrence-Smith-Terry-Hester-Sheri-Fleming-Darryl-Gray-Franklin-Barn-823217. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LYS Consulting

#1 General Comment

contact about "Dr" smith

AUTHOR: coast2coast finace - ()

Dr smith is a crook of the highest order..i am raymond foster...my contact allboroughllc at gmail.. i was the first to put him on ripoff... im trying to get enough voies and heads to shine a light either through the news, and or the FBI..he has stolen close to 4-5 million that i am aware of...he needs to stopped! he got one of my clients for 25k..but i got every dime back!! it took me a long year...but i got it all back...

CORRECTION RE: SHERRI FLEMING

AUTHOR: Gene - ()

Although I identified Sherri Fleming in the post above, it has become clear to me that Ms. Fleming was not involved in any fraudulent acts related to the escrow or loans discussed above. I would like to remove any suggestion of Ms. Fleming’s involvement in the actions of Dr. Lawrence Smith or his associates. To my knowledge Ms. Fleming has not been subject to any penalties by the Bar Association, she is not under investigation, nor has her ability to practice law been impacted by her involvement in the matter.

Update on non-performance by Dr. Lawrence Smith

AUTHOR: Gene Parrish - (United States of America)

Dr. Smith has asked that I remove this report and if I would he will make good on the funds he owes. As I cannot remove the report I thought I would provide an update so anyone reading it knows he has promised to make good if the report was removed.

Since my original post I have been contacted by two other parties regarding Dr Smith. One is an attorney in Italy seeking redress for his client he claims lost money with Dr. Smith and the other a party here in the states.

When I asked Dr. Smith about Italy he said no transaction ever occurred.

I have also been reminded once again by Dr Smith that he always keeps his commitments. That is pretty tough as that deadline was 13 months ago.

He did however make a commitment to make good by this Friday (2/24/12) on the $9900 taken from a party here in Provo. I would like nothing more than to report he has done so.

He contacted my brother - rather than contacting me - that if I would remove this report he would pay what he owes. Obviously I can't change history. But if by chance Dr. Smith were ever to make good I would be glad to update this report and let the world know that he has done so.

In fairness to Dr. Smith I have included a Skype conversation showing Dr. Smith claims he has never taken money from anyone. In the same conversation he promises to return funds to one client this week and to the other later this month.

I promise to make sure if and when he keeps his promise that I will post that he has done so.

LYS Consulting - Dr Lawrence Smith

AUTHOR: Gene Parrish - (United States of America)

Sorry. There is no forbearance agreement involved in this matter as Smith never funded the loans committed to by LYS Consulting.

Here is one email from Smith regarding delivery of our funds. Neither the letter from the bank or the funds have been forwarded as of 1/16/2012.

From: drlcsmith@aol.com
Subject: Projected Funding Date
Date: January 21, 2011 11:18:00 AM MST
To: Gene Parrish <geneparrish1953@gmail.com>

Good morning Mr. Parrish,

The Banker is advising me that the funds will be available on or before Friday January 28th.
I will follow up with a letter later this evening.

Regards,
Dr. Lawrence C. Smith, CEO

Question

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

Why did you request a forbearance agreement? Is your account delinquent?