Complaint Review: La Sunset Tan Stroudsburg

• Updated: Tue, April 02, 2013

• Reported By: Cristina Mirassol — Kunkletown Pennsylvania
La Sunset Tan Stroudsburg
7400 route 611 Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania United States of America

La Sunset Tan Stroudsburg Profit is more important than customers and honesty Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania

I went to the Sunset Tanning to ask more information about spray tanning, and I explained to the employees there that I didn't know anything about the procedure. It was a girl and a guy at the front desk and they were both very eager to get my daughter inside to do the spray tanning at that moment. My daughter was so excited as she was getting ready for her Sweet 16 4 days later.

I asked how much was it for one section of spray tanning and the girl told me to hold that she was going to prepare my daughter for the tanning, so I was left there with the guy, and asked him how much was it going to be, and he told me only the girl new about the price. I went to my car grabbed a $100 bill thinking that should be more than enough. When my daughter got out, the girl started to tell me if I purchase 5 sections for $300 dollars I will get 15 instead of 5 and it will be so much cheaper.

I told her I didn't want it, it was just that one time and she told me that one time was $175.00. I almost fainted! I complained about the price, and how can 1 time cost that much and then they were trying to sell me 15 times for $300. It is just not right. I paid what they told me to pay, and as soon as I left the place I started to search other places to see their prices and they were all from $30 to $50. I came back and complained with them, told them that I was asking for the price and no one told me, that I would never would have done it if I knew it would cost me that much. Now the guy was not so polite anymore and told me in a very angry tone that the price was there all the time, and should have seen it. But I didn't see it, and when I asked him about the price he didn't tell me to look at the counter, he told me he didn't know and I should wait for the girl, because by the time the girl came back the service was already done.

I would never go back there, and the reason I'm writing this is so people will be aware of the scam these people are running in this place. They want to force people to tan there, and it should be an option. Charging this absurd for one tanning so people would give a $100 more for more sections. I lost my money but I would never pay $100 more to have any kind of service with these people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2013 02:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/La-Sunset-Tan-Stroudsburg/Stroudsburg-Pennsylvania-/La-Sunset-Tan-Stroudsburg-Profit-is-more-important-than-customers-and-honesty-Stroudsburg-1040076. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on La Sunset Tan Stroudsburg