factory

• Submitted: Sun, December 16, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, February 08, 2008

• Reported By:Moca Other
La Tierra Del Encanto - Attn.: Miguel A. Lebron-President
3901 K Street Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

La Tierra Del Encanto, Inc. Attn.: Miguel A. Lebron-President La Tierra Del Encanto-bait, switch, poor customer service and don't deliver the goods Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: La Tierra Del Encanto, Inc. dba La Isla Del Sol Moving & Shipping Storage, Inc. - Philadelphia, PA. Bait, switch, poor customer service and don't deliver the goods.

I originally spoke to David Lebron (Manager) in September, 2007. He quoted me a total price to move of $825.00, which I agreed to pay. The pickup was scheduled for 10-03-2007.

The day before the scheduled pick-up, I was contacted by DL who told me that he could not do the pickup for price I agreed to pay and that he would need an additional $200.00, or $1,025.00 total. I was furious. DL's approach was very unprofessional.

Because I was scheduled to leave for Puerto Rico within days of 10-03-2007, there was simply not enough time for me to arrange a pick-up with another mover. I was in a corner. I negotiated a total price of $950.00 with DL and the pick-up was made on 10-03-2007 which I paid him on that date.

After the 10-03-2007 pick-up of my Articles, I noticed that DL listed only the 27 boxes I have on the Packing List. DL failed to list the following items, which he also picked-up:

1 20 foot Werner aluminum extension ladder with 3 attachments: rake, pickax and trimmer shaft with shield and head*
2 Hand truck*
3 25 Color television set
4 TV antenna in box
*This item was listed on the prior 2 Contracts I had with LTDE.

On 10-03-07, I was told by DL that my Articles would be shipped to Puerto Rico by 11-30-2007.

I contacted DL on 10-04-2007 to notify him that items 1 to 4 above had not been listed on the Packing List. I requested an amended Packing List from him which includes ALL my articles. He said that he would fax it to me that day which he did not.

Since then, I have contacted DL and/ or his secretary (Dolly) AT LEAST 10 different times (the last time being 12-05-2007) about the amended Packing List. Each time, I have been told (by DL) that the amended PL will be mailed and/or faxed to me. To date, I have not received it.

I am concerned about the status of all my articles, which I have yet to receive. I want LTDE to provide me an amended PL along with a date when my Articles will be shipped to me in Puerto Rico. I also want a written guarantee from the President of LTDE that ALL my articles will be delivered to me complete and in good condition.

I would like the above information/document faxed to me ASAP. I would also like a courtesy call from the President of LTDE letting me know that he has taken this action I am requesting ASAP.

Vincent
Moca
Puerto Rico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2007 04:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/La-Tierra-Del-Encanto-Attn-Miguel-A-Lebron-President/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19124/La-Tierra-Del-Encanto-Inc-Attn-Miguel-A-Lebron-President-La-Tierra-Del-Encanto-bait-292035. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on La Tierra Del Encanto - Attn.: Miguel A. Lebron-President

AUTHOR: Vincent - (Puerto Rico)

Because I received no response from anyone at LTDE and more than 3 months had elapsed since LTDE picked-up my articles, I was forced to contract with another moving company to secure (from LTDE) and ship my articles to me. This meant that I am being forced to pay double for the shipment of my articles, let alone other incidental expenses. I forwarded a letter to LTDE requesting reimbursement for my loss and, once again, have not received a response. I am convinced that LTDE was holding my articles "hostage" with the expectation that I would pay them more to release same and/or to use as an excuse to keep all of my payment to them and not ship my articles. My next step includes filing a claim against them in court.