Complaint Review: La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

• Updated: Sat, January 09, 2010

• Reported By: Richard — Dayton Ohio United States of America
La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries
2476 Commons Blvd. Beavercreek, Ohio United States of America

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries La-Z-Boy Showroom Deceptive Sales Practices/No Customer Service Beavercreek, Ohio

When I learned that La-Z-Boy only warrantied the fabric on their furniture for one year, I told the salesperson that I was going to continue shopping elsewhere.  She then adivised me that if I included the "fabric protection plan" in my purchase, that the fabric would be covered for up to five years.  I asked to see a copy of the warranty, and was told that the store did not have a copy.  Instead, the store manager was introduced to me and the manager further cooberated the salespersons claim of having a five year fabric warranty if I purchased the "fabric protection plan".  The warranty, I was told, would be provided at the time of delivery.  Not so.  All I received at the time of the delivery was a certificate stating that I purchased a warranty, without any specifics as to what was covered by the warranty.  Seventeen months after owning the furniture, the seat cushions on the sofa began to show "lines" in the fabric.  I called the service department at the store and was told I needed to call the servicer of the "fabric protection plan".

I did, and was told that since the damage was not a rip, tear, soil, or food stain, that the store would make the necessary repair.  I called the store again and was told that since I had purchased the sofa over a year ago, I needed to bring the sofa to the store.  I stopped into the store and spoke with the manager.  While discussing the matter, two other customers overheard the conversation, and concerned about the problem since they had just purchased furniture with the "fabric protection plan", asked the manager why the fabric protection warranty wouldn't cover my problem.  The manager quickly stated that it would, saying "we will take care of the problem".  I was asked to bring the cushions into the store, which I did.  I was then told that since the sofa was seventeen months old, there was nothing that could be done to help me.  Of course there were no customers present at the time that I began to question why I was deceived by the manager and the salesperson when I purchased the furniture.  Too bad, because I was quickly asked to leave the store.  I would have liked other potential customers to see what kind of customer service La-Z-Boy gives AFTER they get a customer's money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2010 01:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/La-Z-Boy-Furniture-Galleries/Beavercreek-Ohio-45431/La-Z-Boy-Furniture-Galleries-La-Z-Boy-Showroom-Deceptive-Sales-PracticesNo-Customer-Servi-551577. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries