satisfaction

• Submitted: Wed, December 03, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 03, 2008

• Reported By:Portland Oregon
La-Z-Boy
17400 NW Corridor Court Beaverton, Oregon U.S.A.

La-Z-Boy Promise of $500 in free gas runs on empty Beaverton Oregon

I purchases a sectional couch the size of a tuna boat from La-Z-boy Furniture in July of 2008. Part of the reason I purchased the couch from La-Z-boy was the promotional offer of $500 in free gas.

I got the couch, but the free gas is nowhere in sight. First you have to fill out paperwork and submit it to the gas card company (FreeBee Gas). You have to specify which gas company you want to use. Then you have to collect $100 in gas receipts every month, send the receipts and a voucher to FreeBee Gas. Eventually FreeBee Gas is supposed to send a $25 gift card. They will continue to send $25 gift cards for each month you send in the receipts and voucher until $500 in gas cards are returned to you.

I have consistently sent in the vouchers and receipts. I have never received a gas card. I made a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and La-Z-boy responded. They said FreeBee Gas has had a computer glitch. Come on--a computer glitch doesn't last for months. In case anyone is interested, FreeBee Gas has over 80 complaints filed against them with the Better Business Bureau.

I expect La-Z-boy to honor their promotions and either get me the gas cards or give me $500. I never would have purchased the couch from La-Z-boy if I couldn't get the gas cards or at least a price break on the couch. With so many furniture stores to choose from, I most certainly would have selected another store offering a sale price. You can bet I am never going to La-Z-boy again.

Judy
Portland, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2008 07:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/La-Z-Boy/Beaverton-Oregon-97006/La-Z-Boy-Promise-of-500-in-free-gas-runs-on-empty-Beaverton-Oregon-397615. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on La-Z-Boy