Complaint Review: La-Z-Boy

• Submitted: Thu, March 26, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, March 26, 2009

• Reported By:Rome Georgia
La-Z-Boy
1680 Southside Blvd Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Fell Apart in Less Than A Month Jacksonville Florida

We bought a recliner sofa and a rocker from the La-Z-Boy store in Jacksonville. We got the high end stuff coming to almost $3000. In less than a month the power cord for the recliner came completely apart and has 3 times since then which has been about 2 years now. When you sit in the sofa the bottom pops out. It's not supposed to pop out until I release the handle. I called the store and never got a response. I sent a certified letter and the owner Mr. Weiss said his repairman tried to call me and that I didn't respond. So I sent him a copy of my and my wifes cell phone log which showed no calls from the 904 area code on the days he specified. Weiss flat out refused to fix or replace my furniture. We sent La-Z-Boy (the factory) a certified letter and their reponse was that it was a dealership and out of their control and that all decisions were up to the descretion of the owner of the store.

My best suggestion leaver this junk alone. I've had inexpensive furniture that was of better quality than this crap. Futhermore I've dealt with used car dealers that offered better service than the La-Z-Boy factory did. I was more disappointed in them then that chisler that owns that Jacksonville store. By the way the demo in the store was great but I think those are built differently than the ones that are delivered to your home.

Djthomas
Rome, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2009 02:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/La-Z-Boy/Jacksonville-Florida-32216/La-Z-Boy-Furniture-Fell-Apart-in-Less-Than-A-Month-Jacksonville-Florida-437965. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on La-Z-Boy