Complaint Review: LaCie USA

• Updated: Mon, October 15, 2012

• Reported By: Jonathan — North Zulch Texas United States of America
LaCie USA
22985 NW Evergreen Parkway Hillsboro, Oregon United States of America

LaCie USA LaCie They do not back up their products with action only words, they are liers! Hillsboro, Oregon

*Author of original report: Everything Taken Care of!

*Consumer Comment: What lie?

I bought a computer back-up drive from these people about 3 years ago. I registered it online, as I was suppose to. I had trouble setting it up as my computer would not recognise it, they helped me with that problem,BUT.

A little less then a month after the warranty ran out, which was a three year warranty, it stopped working and I could not get it to work again.

I contacted LaCie for help, they told me a few things to try and I did, but it was broken. I asked them to replace it because it was so close to the warranty end date. They asked me for my receipt. That is crap, I did not save it, but I registered it which shows when I bought it, I even downloaded my copy of the warranty guarantee.

So all my back up information is lost and I am left with a broken LaCie back-up hard drive.

DON'T BUY FROM THEM EVER THEY WILL LEAVE YOU OUT TO DRY!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2012 03:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LaCie-USA/Hillsboro-Oregon-97124/LaCie-USA-LaCie-They-do-not-back-up-their-products-with-action-only-words-they-are-liers-943883. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LaCie USA

Everything Taken Care of!

AUTHOR: Jonathan Weaver - (United States of America)

After some time in emails to Lacie, a concerned supervisor took action. They came to this site and read what I posted. I did give more details to the problem to the LaCie supervisor, my goal was to get my back up drive repaired.

LaCie did infact replace my back up drive so all has been handled professionally.

Thank you LaCie.

What lie?

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"They do not back up their products with action only words, they are liers" They back the product for the warranty period. Your product is out of warranty. What was the lie? "So all my back up information is lost" You lost the backup but the data is still on your computer's hard drive.