Complaint Review: LaFitness

• Submitted: Fri, January 01, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, January 01, 2010

• Reported By: 1pissedoffperson — Spanaway Washington United States of America
10515 156TH STREET EAST PUYALLUP, Washington United States of America

First off all I can say is that LAFITNESS is a RIP OFF!! My husband didn't go to their gym for about 6 months... HOWEVER we were still having them debit our account. After 6 months I told my husand we were throwing 40 out the window and in these hard economical times lets just cancel the membership so we could save that money each month! So in October we called to try and cancel. The person who answered the phone said she couldn't do it but she would note the account. That I needed to hop online and fill out a cancellation form and mail it in.  So we did that. We still got billed for October due to the "billing cycle", which I was like ok I understand, so come November we were billed and then again in December. And I was like WHAT?! We cancelled the account we even got a confirmation letter stating the account was CLOSED and no further billing would be taken from the account and here we are in Janruary and yet again another PAYEMENT has been taken from my account!!! 3 MONTHS of payments out of my account that was NOT AUTHORIZED!! LAFITNESS told me that I had to refill the form out... send it certified!!!!, which cost more then regular postage!!!, and then they would eventually canel the membership! WTF?! Are you kidding me!????

Why are they robbing me? This very unethical not to mention I am now going to report them to the better business bureau!!! Why would they take money that is not theirs? BECAUSE THEY ARE THEIVES!!! THAT'S WHY!! I will fight this! This is not over until they credit me back 3 months of services that should have been taken care of 4 months ago!

I have never been so upset in my life with someone messing with  my money like this! what if those debits made me bounce my mortgage payment?! Thank goodness it didn't but what if it did? I'm not going down with out a fight I am so UPSET!! So needless to say DO NOT JOIN LA FITNESS AND IF YOU DO DON'T USE THEIR AUTOMATIC WITHDRAWL!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2010 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LaFitness/PUYALLUP-Washington-98383/LaFitness-CANCELLATION-IS-A-FRAUD-PUYALLUP-Washington-548412. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LaFitness