Complaint Review: LabCorp

• Updated: Sat, June 30, 2012

• Reported By: Grevia — Kissimmee Florida United States of America
LabCorp
PO Box 2240 Burlington, North Carolina United States of America

LabCorp Laboratory Corporation of America My Credit Card Used by LabCorp without my Knowledge! Burlington, North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Seems strange

*General Comment: Seems strange to ask for a credit card as a form of ID

I have never filed a complaint against a company until now.  I believe that LabCorp is intentionally misleading and lying to people in order to make unauthorized charges on patient's credit cards.

I was scheduled for a blood test at the LabCorp in Kissimmee, Florida. I was asked for my credit card as soon as I walked in.  I explained to the LabCorp employee that I do not use my credit cards because they are at the maximum limit due to paying medical bills.  I was diagnosed with advanced cancer and I have used all my savings and credit cards to pay my medical costs.  However, my health insurance has always covered my lab work 100%.  The employee assured me that my card would not be charged - that is was only used for "identification" purposes.

A few weeks later and I saw a credit card charge by LabCorp on my monthly statement.  I called LabCorp and the customer service representative was very rude and unprofessional.  She would not listen to me and, basically, told me "too bad, you signed a piece of paper at check-in giving up permission to charge your credit card".  She even had the nerve to chuckle about it.  I told her that I assumed they were normal sign-in forms as in most doctors' offices.

LabCorp reminds me of a sleazy, unscrupulous used car salesman giving customers tons of forms to sign knowing that most people will not read every single line of fine print. Then the company turns around and charges your credit card.

I told her that I will file a formal complaint with the company, BBB, and online websites. She told me to "Go ahead, it won't matter".

Do NOT use LABCORP under any circumstances!  Use other labs with more ethical and professional conduct.

I hope this helps someone before they make the mistake of going to LabCorp!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2012 01:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LabCorp/Burlington-North-Carolina-27216/LabCorp-Laboratory-Corporation-of-America-My-Credit-Card-Used-by-LabCorp-without-my-Know-904717. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LabCorp

Seems strange

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

Seems strange Team Rebutt does not have a sure fire rebutt

#2 General Comment

Seems strange to ask for a credit card as a form of ID

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

Unless your credit card has your picture or other personal identification information on it. I know Quest Diagnostics did the same thing but stated their accounting office needed it. When I asked why the could give no good reason so I refused to give it to them saying it sounded like a way to try to double bill or get around just collecting what the insurance company paid them.

You should probably check with your insurance company to see if they billed them as well. If that was the case then let your insurance company know that you were double billed for the services.