Complaint Review: LabCorp

• Reported By: fredon, NJ — Fredon New Jersey
LabCorp
Internet USA

LabCorp Grossly overcharged for lab services Internet

I recently had a full metabolic panel done through LabCorp.  My insurance will not pay for it as my benefit for this service is used up.  The bill is for $2167.00.  They agreed to discount this to $1300.00.  The contracted rate from my insurance plan for the same services is $345.98.  They are charging me four times the amount they agreed to take from my insurance carrier.  I have been told there is nothing they can do.  When I asked how they justified charging a client four times what they charge an insurance company I was told it was company policy.  Soon I will be going in to collections.  This is utterly ridiculous.  They are taking complete advantage of their clients.  Their actions should be illegal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2013 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LabCorp/internet/LabCorp-Grossly-overcharged-for-lab-services-Internet-1057238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LabCorp