Complaint Review: Laboratory Services of Santa Barbara LLC

• Submitted: Wed, November 18, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, April 05, 2010

• Reported By: Anonymous — Simi Valley California USA
Laboratory Services of Santa Barbara LLC
1907 State Street, Santa Barbara, California 93101 Internet United States of America

Laboratory Services of Santa Barbara LLC Troy Kindred Offered Job, made me pay $65 for background check and send photo previous addresses, social security # and resume. Then became unreachable. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Lab Collections of santa barbara- Troy Kindred ( NOT A SCAM)

*Consumer Comment: Laboratory services of Santa Barbara

*Consumer Comment: Anonymous - Simi Valley (USA)

*Author of original report: Laboratory Services of Santa Barbera

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Laboratory Services of Santa Barbara LLC - Owner :-)

This was a job advertised on Craigslist for Phlebotomist, especially phlebotomist without a years experience!  The offer was to be an independent contractor by going to people's home to do blood draws.  This is something Certified phlebotomist could do on their own if they had the leads.  This is what Troy was really offering.  He has you pay via Paypal to "Kindred Spirits" a $65 background charge, that he promised to pay back whether you were hired or not.  So I paid the $65 to Paypal.  I immediately received an e-mail back from him titled, "LETS GET STARTED".  The form consisted of all personal information including previous addresses and a photo.  Then he wanted me to purchase Business cards via a Debbie Bellman, Graphic Traffic, 622 Olive Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, Phone: 805-966-1453.  He then wanted a check for personal liability insurance for myself for $90 from a Company called HPSO - Healthcare Providers Service Organization, www.HPSO.com.

I went to the HPSO website to check it out and it was lagitamate but the insurance was only $40 (NOT the $90 Troy wanted me to send him.)  Then I called and left him a message that I had paid the insurance myself and that it was $40 verses the $90 he quoted and decided to wait on the business cards since I was a little suspicious.

Troy had said in our first conversation that "I could call anytime if I had questions, and also if I just wanted to talk."  This seemed to be questionable as to this being a professional business when things became suspecious to me.  I have not been able to reach this Troy person since I sent him my information; past addresses, SS#, a photo of myself, my resume and the $65 dollars via Paypal.

I really believe this is a scam since those now certified phlebotomist like me can not get hired with out a years experience are desperate for any phlebotomy job.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2009 01:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Laboratory-Services-of-Santa-Barbara-LLC/internet/Laboratory-Services-of-Santa-Barbara-LLC-Troy-Kindred-Offered-Job-made-me-pay-65-for-bac-525370. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Laboratory Services of Santa Barbara LLC

Lab Collections of santa barbara- Troy Kindred ( NOT A SCAM)

AUTHOR: ireNe soriano - (United States of America)

Hello my name is Irene and I disagree with the comments said about Troy. I currently live in the city of Santa Barbara. I contacted troy through a job posting on craigslist.

I paid the $65 dollar fee and sent in a professional head shot as its required for a photo I.D.

He is not a scam. I visited his office and met him in person, he is a genuine guy with a great personality. Troy is starting his business and has the greatest intentions of helping people.

Yes it is true, its hard finding a job as a phlebotomist, especially when you lack the experience. He is currently helping me find a job, and literally driving me to different clinics and hospitals since I am having financial difficulties and car trouble as well.

Anxious to get my career started and hope for the best, I believe troy is an outstanding resource and reference. Unlike others...I am not anonymous.. you can contact me through isoriano1@yahoo.com  ..thanks=)

Laboratory services of Santa Barbara

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

I do also have a problem with the "Laboratory Services of Santa Barbara" Troy Kindred. I did pay the $65 background fee and also the 89 for the insurance. Yes, I really do believe he is stealing money from people.

I would like to get together with a few other people and continue to pursue this and get my money back.

I do have emails from him and ofcourse like the others have said, he cannot be contacted. He is a scam artist. He also tends to flirt alot and wants you to send pictures of yourself. Ofcourse I didn't do it. It seems a little to good to be true.

This is the first time this has happened to me. I am a single mother of 2 and am really struggling financially, and feel that i was taken advantage of.

from Anonymous

Anonymous - Simi Valley (USA)

AUTHOR: Maria - (United States of America)

Anonymous Simi Valley,   ARE you going to continue with this company? please contact me as I am in the same situation as you are and would like to discuse things with you , you can e mail me at    (((Redacted))) thanks Maria

Laboratory Services of Santa Barbera

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)

This job is still sketchy... I have finally had contacted with the owner after I applied to paypal for a refund.  Craig's list explicitly has recommendations for jobs that are posted that require you to pay up front for a background check.

I applied and paid for the background check since the owner, Troy, told me he would refund the background check whether I got the job or not.

Anyhow, Proceed with caution if this is a company you think you want to work for.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Laboratory Services of Santa Barbara LLC - Owner :-)

AUTHOR: Troy - (United States of America)

Troy Kindred, Owner

1907 State Street

Santa Barbara, Ca 93101

Phone (805) 845-4622    Any Phlebs - RNs - LVNs (with blood draw certificate)  - MA (with CPT) give me a call Im still putting this thing together.

www.labcollection.com

I love this stuff :-)

Im really busy so Ill make this as short and as sweet as I can.

Calls are returned in the order they are received.

Kindred spirits is who the PayPal account is under.  No reason to change it.

Background check amount is refunded if something erroneous comes back on it.  Or if the person changes their mind before it goes through.

HPSO.com insurance runs about $86 dollars a year so contractors are told $90.  They just started a special for 50% off the first year ($45).  You may have to tell them you work X amount of hours to get it.

The funds for Insurance are sent to HPSO not to our company.  We dont ask that they are sent to us.

Funds saved by Contractors covering their own background will go into marketing for work for those same contractors.

Breakdown of $65

$30 to  ACCUFAX-US.COM  - for every 100 sent in we will receive a 10% discount so it takes time to hit the 100 mark.

$35 to  Random drug screen to be ran by our company or LabCorp - who we have a contract with.

Please contact me if you are qualified and interested in being a part of this new venture.

Troy Kindred