Complaint Review: Labs4Rescue

• Updated: Fri, February 10, 2012

• Reported By: Anna — Sandy Hook Connecticut United States of America
po box 955 Killingworth, Connecticut United States of America

Labs4Rescue Adoptive Owners Beware Killingworth, Connecticut

I was so excited to adopt a dog and decided I wanted a lab or lab mix since I also owned a house on a lake and wanted a dog that would enjoy swimming all summer.  After going through a hurricane and still not having power back we picked a dog and drove 3 hours to Mass. to meet her  We decided on an older dog to be compatible with our holder sheltie.  She was no beauty that was ok with us.

The foster mom loved us and the process went on. I got a phone call from the agency that said all that was left was the home visit but that was "no big deal".  Well that was not the case.  Someone whom we knew nothing about and that had no credentials for her job came to our house.  We were denied based on our TV being on, my sheltie looking matted( was undergoing skin treatment for a still unknown skin problem) and some construction equipment we had in our yard. )

Please remember we had just gotten power back on two days prior to her visit.  We had no chance to address her concerns it was just NO.  One person I have never met was able to decide we were not fit pet owners. I would not recommmend this agency to anyone.  They are not professional.  It seems only YES I like you NO I don't.  We requested a written reason or form as to why we were not approved and they stopped responding to us.  I would like to add we got a glowing review from my vet.

I have had animals since I can remember, my family took in strays both cats and dogs and found them homes or kept them.  Over the years I have spent thousands of dollars on health care often charging more than I should. Friends actually are amazed, saying who better than you guys to own a dog.  The process was long, sad, and a rip off and I would not recommend this gruop.  We ended up with a great year and half old mix shepard lab that we love dearly.  We go for daily walks and she has become a wonderful addition to our family.  My sheltie lovers her and when we aren't home they keep each other great company.\

The humane society has a wonderful selection of animals and I would suggest looking there first.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2012 01:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Labs4Rescue/Killingworth-Connecticut-06419/Labs4Rescue-Adoptive-Owners-Beware-Killingworth-Connecticut-837240. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Labs4Rescue