Complaint Review: Laclede Gas Company

• Updated: Thu, July 19, 2012

• Reported By:st. louis mo
Laclede Gas Company
720 olive street road St. Louis, Missouri United States of America

Laclede Gas Company lazy-a*s didn't due their job and still wants us to pay St. Louis Missouri

*Consumer Comment: Read your darn Bill

*Consumer Comment: common behavior from Laclede Gas

For the past 6 months - since we've moved into our new house - Laclede Gas Company has been "estimating" our bill. Taking a nice guess each month as to how much we owe.

When I recieced the "adjusted" bill, it had been adjusted to the tune of $275.47, and had already be readjusted to $130.44.

Someone had already realized they f***ed up. When I phoned about this, Sharon pointed out that each bill had stated "estimated" on them and why hadn't I called earlier? Apparently we the consumers are supposed to keep tract of the meter readers jobs.

I stated that I am a stay at home mom, there is no reason for someone to have guessed for 6 months, I want a readjustment and to start over next month, and we are not paying for someone's laziness.

This did not go over well with Sharon, a supervisor, who stated that it is the cost of the gas we had used for the past 6 months. I responded by saying that I would have been happy to pay had I been charged correctly for the past 6 months, but I had not been and due to someone not doing his job now we have a bill of $130.44 which I think we should not have to pay.

I would like to see the meter reader repremanded and also the meter-readers immediate supervisor for not doing their jobs and questioning why this person had guessed for the past 6 months!

Sarah St. Louis, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2002 07:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Laclede-Gas-Company/St-Louis-Missouri-63101/Laclede-Gas-Company-lazy-ass-didnt-due-their-job-and-still-wants-us-to-pay-St-Louis-Miss-1029128. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Laclede Gas Company

Read your darn Bill

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

It doesn't matter what it was estimated at, once a reading is done then it all balances out in the end. I would suggest you idiots pay attention to your bill. It's not the Gas Co's fault, it's your's!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: S.n. - (U.S.A.)

I don't understand why utilities think they can take advantage unless it's because they think you HAVE to have them. I recently sent information to the Kansas Corporation Commission regarding billings from Kansas Gas Service and am awaiting their reply. Do you have a comparable Government agency in Missouri?

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

#5 Consumer Suggestion

common behavior from Laclede Gas

AUTHOR: Lora - (U.S.A.)

Apparently this estimating is very common for Laclede gas.

Imagine my surprise when after a year of service, with $15-$20 bills in the summer and $80-$100 in the winter, I suddenly got slammed with a $400 bill to close the year due to their estimating. I called and got a "well, if you can't pay it in one installment then we can break it up over the next few months." I thought that's what I had been doing for the past year! I eventually paid off the amount due, but not after giving them a piece fo my mind.

Now I moved across the country and just got in my final bill for the second year with Laclede Gas. This time they were only $166 off. What a scam! This difference should come straight out of the meter reader's paycheck.