Complaint Review: Lacrosse Footwear

• Submitted: Tue, November 13, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, January 09, 2013

• Reported By: jackflash — Appleton Wisconsin United States of America
Lacrosse Footwear

Lacrosse Footwear Lacrosse Boots are substandard, and the company knows it, but won't back them. Internet

*Author of original report: I was heard by Lacrosse!

5 years ago I purchased a pair of hunting boots from a local store. I really did not use them until a hunting trip 3 years ago. They leaked badly so I contacted the manufacturer because they were out of warranty but basically new. Lacrosse Footwear agreed to look at them, and agreed they were faulty and sent me a new pair of boots, and a lesser quality pair for my troubles and shipping. Once again I recently went on a trip, and the hardly used boots leaked terribly. They are supposed to not leak at all! They told me to ship them back and they will look at them.

Their response was "yes you have a problem, and we were good to you the first time, but all we can do is give you your leaking boots back, and a 30% discount on a factory purchase of Lacrosse or Danner boots." I said I initially bought the boots for hunting, and I initially wanted a pair that didn't leak right from the start. Apparrantly these substandard boots carry a 1 year warranty, and should be purchased yearly whether you use them or not. The liners must have a time deterioration effect.

My take is they are having significant problems as to the reason they can't take care of customers. As I told the customer service rep I would not be dumb enough again to use a 30% discount to purchase a Lacrosse or Danner product if the shelf life of the product has no acceptale life to the product. Lacrosse used to be made in Lacrosse, WI, but they told me they are made overseas. A perfect example of a short term throw away product. I will look for made in the USA by a dedicated company to it's customers. Live and learn, but LaCrosse, and Danner no more!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2012 12:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lacrosse-Footwear/internet/Lacrosse-Footwear-Lacrosse-Boots-are-substandard-and-the-company-knows-it-but-wont-bac-968581. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lacrosse Footwear

I was heard by Lacrosse!

AUTHOR: jackflash - (United States of America)

I am writting this to say that Lacrosse Boots has reveiwed my case, and offered to send me a new pair of boots of better quality at no charge. I am satisfied with the outcome. I know many times it is the person you are dealing with that represents the company. I felt I was in the right with my complaint, and after talking with the supervisor, he agreed. I am glad to have this platform to air my complaint, but I also want think it is important to make everyone aware when a complaint has been handled, and in my case it has. I will continue to buy boots from Lacrosse and Danner, and hope I have good luck, but if I have a problem, I know they will listen.