• Report: #200026

• Submitted: Sat, July 08, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, July 29, 2006

• Reported By:Flar Rock Michigan
Lady Physique
23861 Eureka Rd. Taylor, Michigan U.S.A.

Lady Physique ripoff Doug Schaffer commits Fraud in Mi & Ohio closes facility's without notice, runs off with everyone's money Taylor & Dearborn Michigan & Ohio

*Consumer Suggestion: Same problem

I too was ripped off by Doug Shaffer and company. I signed up for year to year memberships due to the possibiliy of work relocations.

I have been trying to bring together other clients who were ripped off to persue a legal action. I have some clients names and how they were ripped off. Also inside information on questionable employee tax decuctions, and book keeping practices.

In March of 2004 I signed up for another year membership. In May I had some health problems. My doctor restricted me from any exercise. I submitted a note to the Manager at the Taylor location. I watched her fax the note to the headquarters in Ohio.

When I didn't hear from anyone I went to the Taylor location. To my surprise. The doors were locked and the place was empty.

I called the Dearborn location. I was told by the manager to send another Doctors letter to the Dearborn club, and she would make sure the hold would be activied. I wanted to know why no one notified me about the Taylor Club? I found an empty location with no explanation on the store front. Or any contact numbers.

I then moved to Toledo OH. I called the Dearborn location and told them of the move. I ask for a refund because of my relocation. The drive to use the Club was impossible.

She gave me the number to the Ohio headquarters. And was told to contact Tina.

I contacted Tina by phone and was told they had no information on my account being on hold or that I had moved. I was very angry and ask what was going on? She assured me that if I sent another Doctors note and map of where I lived. I then would get a refund. I sent the requested information.

When I followed up 3 wks later Tina was not available. 6 wks later the phones were shut off.

Please reply to this and I will give you a contact number.

Kaye
Flar Rock, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2006 03:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lady-Physique/Taylor-Michigan-48180-5253/Lady-Physique-ripoff-Doug-Schaffer-commits-Fraud-in-Mi-Ohio-closes-facilitys-without-no-200026. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lady Physique

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Same problem

AUTHOR: Dawn - (U.S.A.)

I filed a complaint on this site for the same company.

This company closed its two locations in michigan without notice to its members and employees. I had to close my checking account and reopen a new one to stop them from continuing to charge my account AFTER they had closed. It was pretty big news here in Michigan for awhile because so many woman where left with nowhere to go for a gym but where still being charged.

There is a location in OH still open and owned by Doug Schaffer though neither that location or the coroporation Lifestyles for Ladies will admit it. I filed a company with the Attonery General with Michigan and heard nothing. This guy should not be allowed to do business in Michigan but continues to do so.

Its so very frustrating I had to drop the issue and join another health club. But all health clubs are such a scam with no protection to the consumer. Anyway I would be happy to participate in any lawsuit againist this man. However I am certaininly not going to put anymore of my hard in cash into it. I already have lost enough.