Complaint Review: Laguna Beach Recovery Inc. / Mike Torricelli

• Submitted: Mon, December 01, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 24, 2008

• Reported By:San Fernando Valley California
Laguna Beach Recovery Inc. / Mike Torricelli
316 Thalia St Laguna Beach, California U.S.A.

Laguna Beach Recovery Inc. / Mike Torricelli / Heath One scam Laguna Beach California

*Author of original report: PLEASE REMOVE

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rip off is the real rip off

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: author of this report had incorrect information, and has retracted complaint

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The author of this report has retracted it

*Author of original report: Blank Update

I am not sure how one of our family members found Mike Torricelli on the internet but at first he sounded like he would be of great help to our family who was going through my brothers drug addiction crisis. He claims to be a recovering addict himself and that his service for help was free, that he would find a place for a patient to go to and even was willing to come out to the hospital to talk to the patient.

This man is a good sales person, he knew how to pitch the different in patient rehab centers (sober homes) and said that Laguna Beach Recovery would be the best one.
We thought that would be good, we thought that he knew what he was talking about because claims to have helped many different people in the same type of situation. Since this man suggested this be our best bet for our situation we would try our hardest to come up with the 12,000+ dollars it would cost to admit him there. On the Laguna Recovery website he stated that if we did not have the money to go ahead and fill out an application online through a vendor that Laguna Beach Recovery uses called Health One.

When we had more questions regarding our concerns, we tried contacting Mike Torricelli through the conference number used as his contact number. When we got tired of waiting (we were placed on hold for several minutes), we called Laguna Beach Recovery directly.

We were surprised when Mike Torricelli picked up the phone! Never did he mention that he worked directly with the facility. As in this other report I found on this sitehttp://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/383/RipOff0383801.htm ], he was connected to the facility he had referred us to. I can not believe how far people go to take advantage of vulnerable people in their time of need. I have unfortunately found out that rehab centers are a business first, treatment center second and Laguna Beach Recovery has found a way to scam people: with the help of Mike Torricelli, they have their perfect sales man.

Anonymous j.s.
San Fernando Valley, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2008 08:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Laguna-Beach-Recovery-Inc-Mike-Torricelli/Laguna-Beach-California/Laguna-Beach-Recovery-Inc-Mike-Torricelli-Heath-One-scam-Laguna-Beach-California-396762. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Laguna Beach Recovery Inc. / Mike Torricelli

PLEASE REMOVE

AUTHOR: author - (U.S.A.)

I have sent 2 emails requesting the removal of this report. Please remove ASAP. Thank You.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rip off is the real rip off

AUTHOR: Mike Torrecelli - (U.S.A.)

The person that filed the complaint retacted it in writing via e-mal and telephone' Your disparaging comments are still on the internet, even when you now know they are false.
This is slander. which comes with punitive damages because you have confirmation that the information is false, and you do.
I would like you to either remove the report in 24 hours, or provide your correct address, so my attorney may serve you a summons.
Incidentally, there is some other report on acaiberries and pricelimbo where I have charged a credit card. You have the wrong person as I don't take credit cards, nor do I sell acaiberries or any other product.
I am an interventionist for drug and alcohol dependent individuals where families need my assistance. Much of my work is "voluntary" where I receive no compensation. I have forwarded several testimonials, and you stillslander my good reputation where I have not had a single complaint in 19 yeqars and after completing 595 interventions.

Why do you continue to disparage my reputation. I can only beleive it is to advertise your services at my expense. Iwill file a civil lawsuit if this information is not only removed, but anapology is put in place of your slanderousm comments. I have at least 29 clients i have lost because of your illegal actions. I also have at lrast 10 individuals with similar cases wirh you that want me to consider a class action suit. Is this what you want?
Intentional acts are not covered by insurance, and this has become an intentional act with malice intended, otherwise you would have removed by now. I have a written retraction and apology from the author, and a copy of e-mail requesting same from person who mistakedly filed the report and retraction.

My attorney has advised me he would be happy to proceed with no retainer,

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

author of this report had incorrect information, and has retracted complaint

AUTHOR: Mike Torrecelli - (U.S.A.)

My name is Mike Torricelli. I have conducted 595 interventions, without a single complaint. My phone number is (949)494-4600. I offered my services free of charge to help this desperate family in need. I even offered to meet with the family and the patient in the Psychiatric Unit at Olive View Hospital. My inclination was to recommend a facility that had a strong psychiatric component because the patient was considered a danger to himself. Unfortunately the family had very little resources, and I then referred them to a patient financing company, (which I have no affiliation with. nor am I compensated by them). They could not afford this either. I then suggested Puente House in Covina, which costs $750 for rhe first month. I suggested the file an application to get their loved one help through Medicare or Medical, as a supplement to the minimumum services available at Puente House. I even offered to assist them in the filing for county assistance.

The author wrote me a letter of apology and retracted the complaint.

WHY IS THE REPORT STILL ON THE INTERNET? WHEN WILL IT BE REMOVED?

MIKE TORRICELLI

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The author of this report has retracted it

AUTHOR: Mike Torrecelli - (U.S.A.)

I have forwarded e-mail from person who filed complaint apologizing, and she promised to retract add today. I have forwarded to editor.

PLEASE REMOVE TODAY My phone # (949) 494-4600