Complaint Review: Laguna Hills Estates

• Updated: Thu, June 16, 2011

• Reported By: Current Resident — Laguna Hills California USA
Laguna Hills Estates
23301 Ridge Route Laguna Hills, California United States of America

Laguna Hills Estates Laguna Hills Estates LLC You think you may be buying a home but you are buying a nightmare! Laguna Hills, California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Laguna Hills Estate

I'll keep it short and simple.  My mom has been living at this complex for over five years now and it has been nothing but a nightmare since she moved in.  This is technically not a 55 and over community but their rules an regulations are set up so you are treated and have to live as if the owner of the complex is your mother and you have to do what she says.

Even though you "buy" a home here, the reality is that you are renting the land space from Laguna Hills Estates and therefore they feel like they can tell you what to do, how to live and you must abide by their rules or you will get a notice to correct the situation or sell and move out.. and as we all know in this market, that is difficult to do.

There are many examples that I can give you as to how difficult it has been for my mom to live here but I will start with the latest.  Just recently, she woke up to two workers in her gated yard installing some type of electrical wiring along her dividing wall which lead to the street lamp.  She was never notified of this process and was never asked for her approval.  Remember the yard is gated and it is maintained and cared for by my mom, not the complex ... or "park" as they like to call it.  When she notified the front office, the owner came to her yard and told her that the yard was part of the park and therefore she could install whatever she wanted.  When my mom profusely refused to allow this to happen the owner told my mom that if my mom allowed her to install the wiring (which by the way was above ground) that she will overlook certain violations she saw in her yard such as plants in planters and not in the ground, a loose hand railing to the steps leading into the house and a few other petty items.  When my mom refused, the owner told the crew to remove the wiring.  Well, a couple of days later (today) she received a notice from the front office that she must resolve the "violations" within seven days or vacate the premises.  In other words, since the blackmail by the owner didn't work, now my mom has to pay the price.  Another quick story, I was throwing a nerf football with my 9 year old son in front of the house not too long ago and when the park manager saw us, he stopped to tell us that there is no ball throwing in any area of the park!!!

The moral of the story, if you are looking to buy in this concentration camp, I mean park, think twice.  Take it from a current resident that is quiet, respectful and minds her own business (my mom is 66 years old).  If value your freedom and your rights as a homeowner, go somewhere else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2011 06:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Laguna-Hills-Estates/Laguna-Hills-California-92653/Laguna-Hills-Estates-Laguna-Hills-Estates-LLC-You-think-you-may-be-buying-a-home-but-you-a-741777. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Laguna Hills Estates

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Laguna Hills Estate

AUTHOR: Irene - ()

I live in Laguna Hills Estate and so does my daughter and son in law. We have lived here 4 1/2 years. I just want to say that the owner Dorothy has Always been nice, fair, and professional with me and my children. She tries to keep this park clean and up to date. There are so many owners that don't take care or have any pride in there homes. I enjoy living here and there are always two sides to every story.

readily