Complaint Review: Laguna Hills Estates

• Updated: Thu, June 16, 2011

• Reported By: Current Resident — Laguna Hills California USA
Laguna Hills Estates
23301 Ridge Route Laguna Hills, California United States of America

Laguna Hills Estates Laguna Hills Estates LLC You think you may be buying a home but you are buying a nightmare! Laguna Hills, California

*Consumer Comment: 4 1/2 years and you probably are on her payroll

*Consumer Comment: The Victim Is so RIGHTEOUS-FACTUAL

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Laguna Hills Estate

I'll keep it short and simple.  My mom has been living at this complex for over five years now and it has been nothing but a nightmare since she moved in.  This is technically not a 55 and over community but their rules an regulations are set up so you are treated and have to live as if the owner of the complex is your mother and you have to do what she says.

Even though you "buy" a home here, the reality is that you are renting the land space from Laguna Hills Estates and therefore they feel like they can tell you what to do, how to live and you must abide by their rules or you will get a notice to correct the situation or sell and move out.. and as we all know in this market, that is difficult to do.

There are many examples that I can give you as to how difficult it has been for my mom to live here but I will start with the latest.  Just recently, she woke up to two workers in her gated yard installing some type of electrical wiring along her dividing wall which lead to the street lamp.  She was never notified of this process and was never asked for her approval.  Remember the yard is gated and it is maintained and cared for by my mom, not the complex ... or "park" as they like to call it.  When she notified the front office, the owner came to her yard and told her that the yard was part of the park and therefore she could install whatever she wanted.  When my mom profusely refused to allow this to happen the owner told my mom that if my mom allowed her to install the wiring (which by the way was above ground) that she will overlook certain violations she saw in her yard such as plants in planters and not in the ground, a loose hand railing to the steps leading into the house and a few other petty items.  When my mom refused, the owner told the crew to remove the wiring.  Well, a couple of days later (today) she received a notice from the front office that she must resolve the "violations" within seven days or vacate the premises.  In other words, since the blackmail by the owner didn't work, now my mom has to pay the price.  Another quick story, I was throwing a nerf football with my 9 year old son in front of the house not too long ago and when the park manager saw us, he stopped to tell us that there is no ball throwing in any area of the park!!!

The moral of the story, if you are looking to buy in this concentration camp, I mean park, think twice.  Take it from a current resident that is quiet, respectful and minds her own business (my mom is 66 years old).  If value your freedom and your rights as a homeowner, go somewhere else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2011 06:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Laguna-Hills-Estates/Laguna-Hills-California-92653/Laguna-Hills-Estates-Laguna-Hills-Estates-LLC-You-think-you-may-be-buying-a-home-but-you-a-741777. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Laguna Hills Estates

4 1/2 years and you probably are on her payroll

AUTHOR: Angel - ()

OMG: You must get out every now and then-talk to your neighbor.  This Dorothy is not from the Wizard of OZ or wait maybe she was the Wicked Witch of the West.  The rules are good if they are consistent for all but the lack of consistency and down right bullying must mean the person who responded must be a freind and hangs out with Dorothy for a liquid lunch at either the local restuarant on Moulton or another fine LH liquid refreshment establishment. Well some folks are just delisional and I hope before you come look at these new models she has for sale you check out the Lake Forest 55 plus community on Murilands Blvd. only $850-$950 a month rent not $1260 or if you buy new home here you get a one year discount to $950. The clubhouse should be condemend and try to check the chemicals in the pool and see how many Chlorimines you come up with. I am saddened now living here for several years that I feel I have aged dealing with this place and lookout for the white mecedes I mean broom coming your way........NICE Nah just trying to survive in LHE-I mean nightmare on Ridge Route Drive.

See the News at 11...........

The Victim Is so RIGHTEOUS-FACTUAL

AUTHOR: Angel - ()

This place-Laguna Hills Estates LLC is a nightmare not on elm street but on Ridge Route Drive. The owner Dorothy and her team of bullies are relentless in making you feel less than human. I have lived there for two years and been vicitim many times to their horror. I am so dissapointed that BULLYING such as this is allowed. The City should buy the park subdivide each lot and make some revenue simply based on the very poor business practices that Dorothy and her team exhibit. I also feel for this person's story and know that if the press went door to door in the park that they would be so supprised with the outcome. It would make one heck of a movie.. Kind of like the movie the SUPER with Joe Pesci but without any humor.

The owner is 96 years young and should retire....

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Laguna Hills Estate

AUTHOR: Irene - ()

I live in Laguna Hills Estate and so does my daughter and son in law. We have lived here 4 1/2 years. I just want to say that the owner Dorothy has Always been nice, fair, and professional with me and my children. She tries to keep this park clean and up to date. There are so many owners that don't take care or have any pride in there homes. I enjoy living here and there are always two sides to every story.