Complaint Review: Lakeside Behavioral Healthcare

• Updated: Sun, October 28, 2012

• Reported By: Margo — Memphis Tennessee United States of America
Lakeside Behavioral Healthcare
2911 Brunswick Rd Memphis, Tennessee United States of America

Lakeside Behavioral Healthcare VICTIMIZED BY LAKESIDE BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE Memphis, Tennessee

On 6/30/12, psychiatrist Dr. Jason Fu confined me against my will for 3 days at Lakeside Behavioral Center despite the fact that:
1              I was picked up and transported by police on orders from psychiatrist Dr. Anne Utley who doesnt know me or my husband but reported me as psychotic and suicidal to police as a favor to her sister who is a friend of my estranged husband after a domestic dispute and who admitted this to Lakeside social worker Jenna Parsons in a phone call;
2              I was never examined by a physician or any other health care professional prior to pickup;
3              There was no Certificate of Need signed by a physician as required by the law in TN;
4              Dr. Fu and 3 other healthcare professionals documented on Day 1 that I was NOT psychotic or suicidal.

I am a 62 year old retired registered nurse so I know a thing or two about the healthcare system. It was obvious to me that Dr. Fu was not acting in my best interest but intended to keep me confined as long as possible to run up a big insurance bill. During my forced confinement, no therapy was received unless you consider 38 women herded together in a big room with color crayons and coloring books for 12 hours a day to be therapy.

On Day 3 Dr. Fu stated that he intended to keep me confined for another 5-7 days but hospital administration reversed this decision and I was allowed to leave AMA within two hours when administration was notified that the situation would be brought to the attention of my senator, my congressman and Medicare Fraud and Abuse.

I have never had a psychiatric diagnosis and it is beyond comprehension that the unethical actions of these healthcare professionals Dr. Utley and Dr. Fu could land me in a mental institution and keep me there for 3 days in order to do a favor for a sister and to run up a big insurance bill. Allegations of abuse have been registered with the TN Department of Health Board of Licensure against the healthcare professionals who participated in the violation of my civil rights during this fiasco.

In addition, a formal complaint has been filed against Lakeside Behavioral Center with the TN Dept Health Office of Licensure of Healthcare Facilities.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2012 05:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lakeside-Behavioral-Healthcare/Memphis-Tennessee-38133/Lakeside-Behavioral-Healthcare-VICTIMIZED-BY-LAKESIDE-BEHAVIORAL-HEALTHCARE-Memphis-Tenn-957826. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lakeside Behavioral Healthcare