Complaint Review: Lakeside Surplus

• Submitted: Wed, December 02, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, December 02, 2009

• Reported By: Main Street Electric Company — Reisterstown Maryland United States of America
Lakeside Surplus
43822 Rushcliffe Drive Sterling Heights, Michigan United States of America

Lakeside Surplus Bob Mitchell Unfair price paid for copper scrap- with promise to come back to buy other stock, never to return Sterling Heights, Michigan

This company is a traveling buyers of electrical and machine equipment.  The arrived at our shop, looking for overstock to purchase to resell.  They made an offer to buyout stock of breakers and other electrical equipment.  They had an open trailer and said they could not take these items as they needed their other trailer with a cover on it.  They however could take my scrap coppper.  We allowed them to load about 300-400 pounds of insulated wire scrap and armor cable scrap.  They were to come back the next day to get the remaining stock that I agreed to sell to them.  I expected to be paid for what they took.  They offered a total of $50 for this, saying they would return for the rest the next day.  They got a card of ours saying they paid $50 for scrap as a partial payment on the remaining stock.  The next day they had a lame excuse their trailer broke down and they could not get back out.  I asked for about $300 to $500 for the scrap they took and they said they paid me in full for that.  I explained that was a stipend and the actual value of the copper was more in the line of what I was asking for.  They were not able to come back.  I asked them to send a check for what they took in the amount of $400 and expected it to arrive in the 2-3 days, since I trusted them to make good on their offer.  Once tha check arrived, I would be more than happy to offer what we had agreed to.  As you can immagine, no check, no return and I am out.  I believe they are scam artists and out for easy pickings.  I feel stupid to have trusted these people, but my loss is others gains.  Don't fall for these people.  Just hand up the phone and NEVER let them get close to any of your property or your stock.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2009 02:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lakeside-Surplus/Sterling-Heights-Michigan-48313/Lakeside-Surplus-Bob-Mitchell-Unfair-price-paid-for-copper-scrap-with-promise-to-come-bac-532366. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lakeside Surplus