Complaint Review: Lakeside Swap Shop

• Submitted: Mon, June 28, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, July 26, 2004

• Reported By:grandjunction Michigan
Lakeside Swap Shop
1210 Phoenix St.#8 South Haven, Michigan U.S.A.

Lakeside Swap Shop ripoff South Haven michigan

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: never had a problem like this one, that could not be resolved

I am on disability and went there to buy a computer , when i got th e computer home it wouldnt work so i took it back he told me ,he would fix it well 3 weeks later and 400 dollars more the thing is dead doesnt work at all...I have tried getting rob to fix the computer ,oh he will for more money..so folks if you are in south haven michigan and you are buying a computer do not go here Rob Baringer will rip you off and not think twice about it..

Caroline
Grandjunction, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2004 03:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lakeside-Swap-Shop/South-Haven-Michigan-49090/Lakeside-Swap-Shop-ripoff-South-Haven-michigan-96708. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lakeside Swap Shop

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

never had a problem like this one, that could not be resolved

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Hello, my name is Robert, the owner of this shop. We have been selling computers for some time, I also have a A+ computer tech that work along myside. We have never had a problem like this one, that could not be resolved.

But here is the problem: Caroline bought a computer from me, when we first started selling Computers out of this store. I Was selling these systems in an "AS-IS" sale. These systems was consignment items.

I informed Caroline of this and the fact these systems was all small systems and need to be upgraded at the cost of the purchaser if they wanted it done. Caroline purchased the "as-is" system for $100.00. After she purchased the system and took it home, she brought it back to me cause the system was not working and wanted her money back. She agreed that if I could fix it she would keep it. She left it for me to repair and because I have other customers machines to work on, I had to do them as a first come first serve basis. She kept calling me wanting me to do her machine first. Just as soon and I had her machine done, I called her and left her a message that it was done. After it was done, it took her a few days to come in and pick it up. She took the computer home and then she came back with it and said it was not fast enought.

To cure the problem, I finally sold her a different system that was faster for a discounted price of $179.00 in addition to the first machines purchase price. This Machine that I just sold her, I could of sold for a lot more money then what I let her have it for. just tying to satisfy her. A few days later she brought this same machine back, because it need some work done to it. This new computer was in Excelent condition when I let her have it. After she took it it home she evidently let some one else mess with the machine.

Then she brought the machine back to me and wanted me to fix it, after she got tired of messing with it. The last time she was in my store she wanted to know how much i would charge her to fix the machine. I told her I would do it for free to keep her happy. I fixed it for free. Then after she messed it up again. She did not bring it back to me, but took it some where else and sold the system.

I don't want customers unhappy and I will do anything to keep them happy, even if i have to spend all nite in my repair shop repairing there systems. This woman is the kind of person that no matter what you do for her she will not be happy unless it is done and given to her for free.

I AM SORRY BUT I CAN NOT AFFORD TO GIVE ANYTHING AWAY FOR FREE.