Complaint Review: Lakeside surplus and Bob Mitchell

• Updated: Fri, December 18, 2009

• Reported By: Adam — stevens pa Pennsylvania United States of America
Lakeside surplus and Bob Mitchell
stevens, Pennsylvania United States of America

Lakeside surplus and Bob Mitchell Pushy scam artist flashes big wads of cash and talks a big game, but only intrest is copper stevens, Pennsylvania

Watch out for these guys.  Bob Mitchell travels with a partner named Frank and his adolescent son.   They tell you they are interested in used electrical equipment and machinery.  They will pay top dollar for the stuff collecting dust on your shelf.  Their eyes grow big when they see used breakers, panels, disconects, fuses and even light fixtures.  They tell you about theur warehouse in TX right on the boarder and they have a way of shipping used electrical equipment over the boarder as there are no codes or inspectors governing electrical contractors in Mexico.  Bob Mitchell offered me $10,000 for used breakers I have had on myshelf for years.  He offered me $3500.00 for 20 used panelboards with missing knockouts and mismatched panel covers.  He kept telling me he was not a recycler, but rather an entrepneur.  These high offers really peeked my intrest.

He really layed it on thick when he saw my copper wire room.  He explained that he has to test all this used equipment before shipping it over the boarder and could really use some of my short spools.  No matter how many times I told him copper wire was off limmits he kept making me better and better offers.  Finally I caved and told him he could pick through and of my #12-#6 thhn copper and if he could see the core of the spool I would consider his offer.  He paid me $1000.00 for this small pile and I was satisfied with his price.  He and his partner Frank had a pick up truck with an open trailer and kept telling me that there was a box truck coming for the breakers and panels.  He also said that the driver of the truck was the "money man" and he would have my $13,500.00 for the panels and breakers.

After several hours of negotiating over prices offered for partial spools of copper, I said enough.  I handed him the Ripoff Report I found on line and told him no more wire until he coughs up the $13,500.00 that peeked my interst in the begining. Their box truck had been delayed hour after hour and ironically enough so was the "money man".  He said he would be back at 7:00am the next morning with the box truck and the money.  He never showed.  The phone number he left went right to an automated voice mail.

Not sure what his angle is, but all he wants is your copper.  Beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2009 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lakeside-surplus-and-Bob-Mitchell/stevens-Pennsylvania-/Lakeside-surplus-and-Bob-Mitchell-Pushy-scam-artist-flashes-big-wads-of-cash-and-talks-a-b-541790. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lakeside surplus and Bob Mitchell