Complaint Review: Lambo-doorkits.com

• Updated: Mon, June 17, 2013

• Reported By: Shogunsama — Tampa Florida
Lambo-doorkits.com
Internet USA

Lambo-doorkits.com & Pete Sold me a product that does not fit my vehicle, after telling me they had one specifically for my vehicle, then refused to allow me to return for correct one or a refund Internet

I purchased a Lambo door kit from this company for my 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab, and it arrived in early March of this year I received the kit. I took it to a professional garage to install it.  The garage said this kit was not applicable for my truck, as it was not big enough to fit the bolt patterns of my doors and could not be safely modified for installation.  Below are the claims from the Website’ home page:

1. “Each kit is designed specifically for the vehicle it's being installed on. We guarantee bolt on application and an exact fitment every time.”

2.”We stand behind each purchase with our Satisfaction Guaranteed promise.”

Also in Pete’s first e-mail to me before I purchased the kit, he claimed:

"The kit is designed as a true custom bolt-on kit, and continues to set the industry standard for reliability, rigidity, and quality. It does this
  by being the first truly adjustable kit allowing you to set up your door
  to open how you like it, and our revolutionary patented Triple Locking
   Mechanisms ensure that it stays that way for everyday use."

At first they ignored my e-mails requesting a return authorization for the product and for them to either send me a correct one or a refund, as this kit does not fit my vehicle and they will not give me a refund.

I wrote 4 e-mails explaining the problem and requesting return authorization and an address to ship the kit back to them.  They ignored my e-mails.  I left several messages on their website complaining that the product didn’t fit and I wanted to return it for replacement or refund.  I left over 8 voice mails on their answering machine; they never answered their phone.

Finally “Pete” from Lambo-doors said to send them the pictures I had taken at the garage as they were trying to install the kit.  I sent them to him as they clearly show the kit is too short to fit the bolt pattern. They took no action.

I was deployed from home for the month of May and asked them before leaving to try and resolve this problem.  On 1 June when I returned home (I am with the military stationed in Japan), they still had not taken any action, so I threatened legal action and I would also report them on the internet.

On 9 June they stated they did not have another kit that would fit my truck and offered me half my money back.  I sad no, I wanted at least $300 out of the $500 I paid them, back as I was out the cost of what the shop charged me also to try and install them, and that would bring my loss to me of $450.00.

They agreed to send the refund, but never did.  I have copies of all the e-mails and copies of the complaints I typed on their website.

I have the original kit which is no good and would like to return it and get a complete refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2013 05:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lambo-doorkitscom/internet/Lambo-doorkitscom-amp-Pete-Sold-me-a-product-that-does-not-fit-my-vehicle-after-telli-1059852. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lambo-doorkits.com