continually

• Submitted: Sat, February 14, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, February 14, 2009

• Reported By:cary North Carolina
Lamps Plus
20250 Plummer Street Chatsworth, California U.S.A.

LAMPS PLUS - Defective Items Shipped & Company Won't Reimburse Costs Chatsworth California

I purchased two chandeliers from Lamps Plus. After going through significant effort and expense to hang one of the chandeliers in a two-story foyer, I found that one of the twelve light fixtures did not work. I called Lamps Plus and they informed me to have take it down and ship it back. I discussed having it repaired at significantly less expense for me and Lamps Plus, which is what I did. I had an electrician repair what was an improperly wired chandelier. The cost was $140, which I expected Lamps Plus to reimburse me for. The company only reimbursed me for $40 of the repair cost.

If I was to take down the chandelier and ship it back, it would have cost Lamps Plus ($198 in shipping costs alone - per discussion w/their manager) and put me through considerable trouble and costs. I do not think I should have to spend $100 of my own money for a defective product that they shipped. I took efforts to save them, and myself, significant money and I am only asking to be reimbursed what I am due.

Dan
cary, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2009 03:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lamps-Plus/Chatsworth-California-91311/LAMPS-PLUS-Defective-Items-Shipped-Company-Wont-Reimburse-Costs-Chatsworth-California-424191. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lamps Plus