sum

• Submitted: Sat, September 27, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, September 27, 2008

• Reported By:Lancaster Pennsylvania
Lancaster County Children & Youth Agency
900 East King Street Lancaster, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Lancaster County Children & Youth Agency Children & Youth used false allegations and lies to take my mother's sons from her! Lancaster Pennsylvania

After months of harassment and threats, Lancaster County's Children & Youth agency secured a court order based on false accusations, fabrications and outright lies, and took my brothers (ages thirteen and ten) from my mother on the evening of September 18th, 2008.

The two accusations listed as a reason for the emergency court order/physical custody of my brothers are:

Accusation: On September 11th, 2008, the boys were seen playing alone outside of my mother's house.
The truth: My mother's next door neighbor was babysitting my brothers, and when CYS pulled up at my mother's home for an unannounced visit, she was sitting in her front porch within eyesight of my brothers with her daughter, while her son played alongside my brothers.

Accusation: On September 17th, 2008, my ten year old brother was illegally absent from school.
The truth: My ten year old brother was absent from school because he was suspended due to an incident the week before. A written, signed letter from the school principal herself ordered my brother to stay out of school until a psychological evaluation was administered (ironically, this pysch. eval was done on September 18th, the day the boys were removed from my mother's care).

Children & Youth never asked, never looked for paperwork, never sought out the benefit of the doubt. They assumed the worst, and promptly took action. When presented with rebuttals and evidence to the above accusations at a custody court hearing on the morning of September 19th, 2008, they replied with a half-hearted apology, but made no offer to drop the petition right then and there.

Jenn
Lancaster, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2008 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lancaster-County-Children-Youth-Agency/Lancaster-Pennsylvania-17602/Lancaster-County-Children-Youth-Agency-Children-Youth-used-false-allegations-and-lies-376509. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lancaster County Children & Youth Agency